FOP completely blank, did yum update

rslrdx

hi, and TIA,

I've searched the forums, but most of the topics I found did not get resolved or did not fit this case.

I installed elastix, imidiatly after it booted for the very first time, i did a yum update, downloaded over 200 megs of updates and installed it without complaints, but i cant see FOP, its just blank, no colors, divisions, nothing, so i would like to restore it to the original one if I can, anyone got any sugestions?

I tried to extract the package from the cd, but when I looked at the cd, I did not see the packages, I guess thats why it says "transfering install image" durring the install.

rslrdx

/bump... anyone?

rslrdx

either i'm the only one seeing this, or the community is really small...

telecomtechnician

Hi there

Based on your first post, I suggest the following:

Right after finish the updates through yum -y update you should reboot the server, access to the elastix web interface and update freepbx. Once you do that, create at least one extension and then look at the FOP panel.

Based on my little experience, if you are going to put a server in production, right after a fresh install and finish configuring everything and verifies that it works, you should NOT DO UPDATES because they ALWAYS break something that was preaviously working good.

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

rslrdx

Hi, and sorry for the late reply, but I thought I should answer this anyway.

I did not add new extensions, but somehow they just showed up again, cant say the same for the trunks. I wont go much more into this as I am about to reinstall the server.

As for the updates, I belive its an old habbit or misconception that i still carry with me from the windows world. As I reinstall this time, I wont updated at all.

However, are the updates to the modules OK? the ones that we can do on the unembeded FreePBX ?

Thanks.
Rodrigo

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti