followme problems

pti2000

I am still having problems with call going to my cell phone, the follow me settings will work with extension to extension, and it will also ring my cell phone if am just calling from an extension say 102 to 101 and if 101 have followme set it will ring my cell phone. But every other case as explain below does not ring my cell phone.

example:
ext.101 has follow me > 101 + cell# and rengall is set

IVR opt.1 = extension 101 ~ ext 101 rings, but cell phone does not ring
DID IN-ROUTE = extension 101 ~ ext 101 rings, cell does not ring

102 calls 101 and both ring? (101 + cell#)

Can anyone help me with this.

DaveD

Try putting ext 101 into a ring group ,and set IVR 1 to the ring group and see if follow me works.
Also try the same with DID IN-ROUTE

pti2000

I tried that? it does not work. thanks. any other suggestion, I need to get this working.

venturinog

Hi. Did you write your cell number with the prefix that the pbx use to outbound calls?
If the system was configured to dial 9 + cell from endpoints, the correct synthax in the Follow Me module is 9cell#

good luck!

pti2000

No the system is not configured to dial for outbound so it just cell#, and rember I said that if ext 102 calls ext 101 that have the followme enable it will then ring the cell phone, I think that there is a BUG in the system. does any one out there have this working?

DaveD

Try the ring group method again,but this time put
101#
and check followme is on by dialing *21

pti2000

I tried that and I still can't get it to work. I also tried setting up a ring group with my cell phone# and that don't work.

here is my problem again, Who's out there with the answer?

I am having problems with calls going to my cell phone, the follow me settings will work with extension to extension, and it will also ring my cell phone if am just calling from an extension say 102 to 101 and if 101 have followme set it will ring my cell phone. But every other case as explain below does not ring my cell phone.

example:
ext.101 has follow me > 101 + cell# and rengall is set

IVR opt.1 = extension 101 ~ ext 101 rings, but cell phone does not ring
DID IN-ROUTE = extension 101 ~ ext 101 rings, cell does not ring

102 calls 101 and both ring? (101 + cell#)

Can anyone help me with this.

howwhi

I cannot answer your question as I am chasing the same problem with a production PBX. Have a clue, want more input.

Background. System is connected to PSTN via PRI T1. I'm new to the environment so I am on an archeological dig to understand what went on before. Last Friday, we could not present CallerIDNumber and CallerIDName on outbound calls. Checked with CLEC and discovered that CLEC was hard coding outbound name and number. We have multiple divisions that need different outbound presentations. CLEC made that change; outbound CallerID works but now FollowMe fails for all users trying to call out a PRI trunk.

Called CLEC again last night. Their tech watched their router while I watched the Asterisk console. Asterisk console gave the "all circuits are busy" message. Doh! We know the call didn't go out! CLEC tech says that his invite shows our target phone number as both the FROM and TO numbers. This says to me that FollowMe is putting the "Called" number in both the CallerID number as well as the calling number.

The above paragraph is confusing because the reference to invite speaks of VoIP. Please know that the CLEC router is dealing with the PRI T1 conversion to SIP. That we may properly present outbound CallerIDName and CallerIDNumber by extension begs the question of how FollowMe is loading the outbound PRI call.

Where do I trace the Q.931 messages going out of our PRI T1 as FollowMe outbound calls are made??? I am remote so I can't hook up my Sunset T10 to watch.

Howard

dicko

from asterisk CLI:

help pri

will get you started to debug the span.

howwhi

Follow up to the follow up...

Just ran a trace on the Asterisk CLI with pri debug span 1. Our outbound call was rejected by the telco because the CallerIDNumber presented by our PBX is not a number within our list of DIDs. Elastix is trying to pass the original calling party's CallerIDNumber, in this case a three digit extension number, as CallerIDNumber. We are not the only installation with these restrictions. Our regular outbound calls on the same trunks present CallerID correctly and complete just fine.

The only Elastix configuration location where I know to force CallerID is on the trunk. This is unsatisfactory because we have multiple business organizations (DBAs) within the PBX function. Need to set outbound CallerID by extension. This functionality is what we turned _on_ last Friday.

Full disclosure. The current implementation is Elastix 1.5.2-2. It this issue is addressed in later Elastix, please advise so that I may pressure HQ to upgrade their kit...

More hints please,

Howard

rollinsolo

PTI are you using VoIP or T-1 for voice, if VoIP then add the line progressinband=yes somewhere in your peer details. If your using PRI or T-1 make sure the Carrier will allow any caller ID to pass thru, sometimes with Carriers you can only pass thru a # that you own such as your own did not the originating callers cell phone # etc, this is to avoid fraud. If that is the case then in the trunk enable never overide caller ID or just make sure your number is in there on your extension for caller id. My two cents.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr