Follow Me portal for end user

salazarw

ramoncio

You can do that with Asterisk Recording Interface (ARI) from Unembedded freePBX.

To enable it in Elastix you need to run in your console:

Code:
ln -s /var/www/html/admin/modules/fw_ari/htdocs_ari/includes /var/www/html/recordings/includes
cd /var/www/html/recordings/includes
wget http://www.freepbx.org/trac/browser/freepbx/trunk/amp_conf/htdocs/recordings/includes/main.conf.php?format=raw
Then go to 'Unembedded freePBX' in the Elastix's PBX menu, login with admin/admin if you haven't changed it yet, and go to the top tab 'Recordings'. Then login with your extension number and voicemail password and you have a 'Follow me' option in the left menu.

salazarw

Hi Ramon,

Thank you for sharing instructions to addess my problem.
Works great.

Thank you again.

ramoncio

I'm glad to help. ;)

invitu

ramoncio said:
Then go to 'Unembedded freePBX' in the Elastix's PBX menu, login with admin/admin if you haven't changed it yet, and go to the top tab 'Recordings'. Then login with your extension number and voicemail password and you have a 'Follow me' option in the left menu.
Hello

I'm with Elastix 2.0.1 and I don't find any top tab 'Recordings' in 'Unembedded FreePBX'.
Did I miss something ?

Regards

Awesomo

dicko

Yes, Elastix has decided for some unknown reason, and totally incorrectly, that ARI is not part of FreePBX and have removed it for quite a long time, you can go to teh unembedded FreePBX and update it to a later version and it will magically reappear, or by any other method so previously posted here.

Unfortunately if you do that you will not be supported by PaloSanto, or as they put it

"Sorry, but this is not an Elastix bug. Manually updating FreePBX is known to break the configuration files. You can try following the instructions in the error message, and rename /etc/asterisk/sip_notify.conf to some other name. "

This in my opinion is mis-fortunate, as the only configuration files known to be broken are the already broken PaloSanto over-ride files and symlinks, and so is a definite "go figure" situation, either Elastix uses FreePBX or not, (I know how Yosarian felt !)

It's all to do with a conflict of symlinks that Elastix refuse to give up on, easy to resolve but they won't because of the dysfunctional hard-coded and fossilized embedded FreePBX.

That still doesn't explain why they hate ARI though, It's solid as a rock and hasn't changed in donkey's years, maybe they think their interface is better ;) many apparently disagree, myself included.

dicko

p.s. (greetings Ramon, and welcome back, I missed you!)

ramoncio

Jeje,
Don't get mad Dicko. :)
I think we'll soon convince them to use ARI at last.

BTW, 3000 posts, you are the man!!
And you didn't loose your karma points with the forum's recent update, as I did.. :(

dicko

Don't worry I'm just me, I'll try and get Rafa to give you half of my karma, you deserve it , here's one to get you going :)

regards

dicko

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cristian.saiz