Follow me announce on Group ring

sappsys

We have an IVR with 2 options, each option then rings the appropriate group.
Within each group we have a single entry for the extension with a # at the end so it will obey the find me follow me rules.
Each extension has an announce on the find me follow me so you know who you are calling.

Thus :-

IVR -> Group -> Extension (with find me follow me)

When the IVR called the extension directly (or a connected extension calls the destination extenstion directly) It announces who you are calling as expected, but when the group calls the extension, this no longer seems to work. I've had to put an announce on the group, but that means we have to change 2 items now instead of just the extension.

We use it to provide a primary & secondary on call engineer system that announces who you will be connected to. We wanted to use a group so that a time could expire and the caller would be put back to the IVR to select the other engineer.

Any ideas on why this is not working ?

-Andy-

davidw

From a novice...

I thought the # terminator was only for external calls?

as in:
14085551212#

I've seen strange behavior and had to loosen timing for follow-me if it might hunt outside our SIP network.

sappsys

Here is what the help says :-

List extensions to ring, one per line.

You can include an extension on a remote system, or an external number by suffixing a number with a pound (#). ex: 2448089# would dial 2448089 on the appropriate trunk (see outbound Routing)

Extensions will ring the actual extension. If you want them to be sent down channel local (to ring follow-me, other ringgroups, queues, etc. then put a pound (#) at the end. Be careful!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti