Firsts step after installation of elastix 1.5.2-2

Discussion in 'General' started by lunatiko, Nov 20, 2009.

1. lunatiko

hi everybody,

I finally make works the elastix in my box (only the pbx function), it doesnt a hard work...

But im thinking to another configuration i want to do, but i dont where start, i really google a lot, but the tutotials and help are for advanced user of asterisks or elastix.

These is my box:

P3 900 mhz 1GB RAM 30 HD
    PCI AMBIENT CARD MD3200 A

Plz, these are some of my questions.

1.- Using and ambiente card, is posible to adjust a little bit the echo cancellation?
    2.- How can i configure the IVR to answer the phone call after 8 rings?
    3.- Can i configure that when the ivr answer the phone forward the phone call to a extension?

That are my first question, sorry im to newbie in asterisks.

Thx

2. dicko

Welcome lunatiko, (love that handle!!)

The very first step with Elastix is to read "Elastix Without Tears" in the download section, (read it twice, maybe more, because some concepts are there but concealed "between the lines" ), you will find the answers to questions 2 and 3.

The Second step is to search this forum, you will find the answers to your echo cancellation questions.

I hope to hear from you in a couple of days with your stunning success story. :)

3. alwayson

Well Im fresh elastix meat too, Already install asterisk, then NOW!. About an hour a day y play with my pIII dedicated instalation,reaf a lot on forums, and checking fails.
    The book is fantastic, but hard to ride. Best of lucks.

4. dicko

Welcome alwayson:

You have exactly the right temperament, don't be afraid to experiment and screw up, have a system that can always be returned to a previous version of itself, it will save you lot's of time after you mess up ;)