First outbound trunk problems

Discussion in 'General' started by Davismay, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Davismay

I am just trying to setup my first outbound tunk but having a few issues here is the tracing is the error coming from the provider or the elastix ? I checked and the connection is up to the provider and it is registered so maybe its some thing else ?

Any ideas

2. ElastixBoy

For your Outbound route let us have a look what you put in there. Are you dialling a mobile number or local number etc.
    Are you dialling out with PSTN line or VOip?

3. Davismay

Thank you ElastixBoy for your reply,
    I spent all this morning playing with it and I have made some head way.

I now can receive inbound calls on a IAX2 Trunk from my provider but not make outbound calls on the same trunk.

I can make outbound calls on a SIP trunk from my provider but not receive them on the trunk.

As my provider Tesco does not provide any details about the settings it has been a little bit hard. but this thread helped http://www.trixbox.org/forums/trixbox-f ... tesco-voip

With eyebeam/x-lite I was able to connect to my providers SIP service and receive inbound and outbound calls with out any problems, I am not sure why on Elastix I could not do this.

What I need help with is to understand a little bit more about how the incoming is working.

In my IAX2 trunk I have

Incoming Settings

USER Context: 0175336XXXX
    USER Details:

context=custom-iaxin
    type=friend
    username=0175336XXXX

Now this is the part that I do not understand and need help with

In extensions_custom.conf I have this

[custom-iaxin]
    exten => 0175336XXXX,1,Goto(ext-did,0175336XXXX,1)

What is the settings in extensions_custom.conf doing and why do I need them Can I not direct the incoming call to a inbound route ?

4. DaveD

Do you have your inbound set as anyDID/anyCID ?

5. Davismay

yes I do

I used
    context=from-trunk

So I did not have to use the custom extensions but still can not get IAX2 outbound working inbound I have yet to test.