Find IP of phone by Extension

Tackfire

Is there a way to find the IP of a phone in elastix by extension? We are starting to get a lot of execs that don't really like to be bothered (What a suprise)so I was wondering if there was a way I can find out this info remotely because the endpoint configuration pulls up random IPs and sometimes it will find a couple IPs and sometimes it will pull maybe like 15 or so but never the complete list in that subnet.

THanks

Lee Sharp

This has a lot to do with network congestion and how your switches are configured. Depending on your environment, looking in the gateway arp table of dhcp leases may at least give you a list of phone IP addresses. You can also leave "asterisk -r" up and it will give you the IP when the phone registers.

dicko

A list of all your extension and their current status can be gotten with:-

rasterisk -x 'sip show peers'

for a spreadsheet maybe

rasterisk -x 'sip show peers'|awk '{print $1 "," $2}'|cut -d '/' -f2

nmap -sU -p 5060 192.168.0.0/24 (example)

will discover all devices answering on udp 5060 (sip by default)

Lee Sharp

Very cool tool! What is the difference between "asterisk -r" and "rasterisk" and is there some list of cool things to do with them?

dicko

rasterisk is now just a symlink in /usr/sbin to asterisk (originally it wasn't and was for getting a "clean", i.e. no escape characters terminal on a running asterisk) , it's just way easier for a lazy old bastard like me to tab complete in the shell.

rasterisk -x "help" and recurse the returned commands word by word , will give you a complete list .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
achilont13