Final question before rollout, hopefully

Discussion in 'General' started by mike.strock, Jan 20, 2009.

1. mike.strock

When I first enter Elastix using the https://url/admin url, and then log in, on the main status screen, I see I have a bunch of errors about '12 bad destinations'.

They aren't bad destinations, as far as I know. They are going to a ring group.

Here's the situation:

A call comes in, it hits ring group 600. This happens for many of our main phone numbers. If 600 is busy, or doesn't answer (it has one person in that group), it goes to ring group 601 (2 people) and then after a couple rings, ring group 602 (three people).

My boss wants the first person's phone to ring for x number of seconds, then the second group for x number of seconds and then the third group for x number of seconds. This is the way I've implemented this request.

But Elastix says 'Bad Destination'. Is that a benign message, or should I be concerned? It does seem to work as I expected and hoped it would.

Mike.

2. dicko

It is possibly because your ring group "linked list" doesn't have a legitimate ultimate "Destination no answer" set.

Have you explored using the memoryhunt "ring strategy" for your ring groups it would seem to match what you are trying to do, if I understood correctly your post.