few little issues

Discussion in 'General' started by sirbones, Aug 6, 2009.

1. sirbones

Hi Everyone

Ok, I'm running 1.3-2, I hadn't done any updates since the CD ISO installation on the system.

I have a PCI Slot # 1: WCTDM/0 "ZMA8xx REV E Board 1" for my POTS lines

Ok, now to the issues

Every so often, someone goes to pick up a line and is being auto-connected with an incomming call. The logs don't show anything of this call connecting to the extension that picks it up. I am not sure if this was a known issue in the CD version of 1.3-2

Also, we have some other odd issues with the voice mail dropping off the call right away.

Anyhow, here is where I am

I've gone through the logs, don't see anything for either issue

I havn't done any updates to any parts of the system and am wondering should I.

I've been looking at 1.5-2 but, there doesn't appear to be a clean upgrade path from 1.3-2 and a full reinstall and restore of the 1.3-2 backup doesn't go well;) Blank screens

So, can someone give me the details, if possible on how I can update the core elastix / asterisk system on 1.3-2 to see what that might help with.

Thanks again

2. dicko

This sounds like "glare". If your incoming calls are "hunting" 1,2,3 etc, you should send your outgoing calls ..3,2,1 to reduce collisions You can do this by building a zap trunk called G0 (which is the same as g0 but ordered downwards) and send your calls out through that trunk instead of g0. (this glare might possibly explain your VM problems also.)

As to upgrading , my philosophy is that if it's not broke, don't fix it.

3. sirbones

Hi Dicko

First off, Thanks for all your information back into the elastix community.. I don't think i've seen a section on these forums you hadn't responded to at least once;)

I also agree with not upgrading unless there is a major reason. The system is working great other than what I had mentioned. We have had it running for months with video phones, mobotix cams etc and have been pretty happy with it but had to get some ideas back on this little issue as we are setting up a managed services group to actually deploy elastix for other companies and I wanted to ensure the issue wasn't going to bite us.

Anyhow, I made the recommended changes. You are right, my hunt group goes 1,2,3,4,5 and my outbound was set to be 1,2,3,4,5 . I have now changed it so my outbound is 5,4,3,2,1 which removes the risk of glare / collisions.

for the voicemail, it appears that my turning off her voice mail and putting it back on worked and kept her recording.

I will monitor this now over the next bit and see how it goes

In the mean time, I am testing 1.5 on another system as we are looking at redundancy and the fonebridge for many rollouts.

Regards

4. dicko

sed -s 's/removes/reduces/' B)

5. ithank

Sorry to revive an older topic, but I was wondering whether the card you mention here is a ZapMicro ZMA800? I have one that came in a used server and cannot figure out how to get it configured. Would you be willing/able to share how you got it to work, if it's the card I mentioned, that is? Thanks.