fetchmail or other pop3 and imap download feature.

Discussion in 'General' started by misko, Nov 20, 2010.

1. misko

Hi I found very usefull to have also fetchmail or something similar added and configurable trough the web, because it is realy pain to get it work. and lots of home users would like to do so..
    :)
    if somebody can help by writing some howto or guide it should help a lot.

thank you :) B)

2. Lee Sharp

I am really not sure what you are trying to do here. That makes a howto kinda hard...

3. misko

so there on the provider side, it is some kind of mail server with adres bin@mymail.com
    all mails to anything ending with @mymail.com is stored here.
    On my side I have elastix, and I want to download the all mails with pop3 from this bin and sort them by prefix before @mymail.com

I have configured trough web interface domain @mymail.com
    and acounts dady@mymail.com, mum@mymail.com, sister@mymail.com
    and have configured remote smtp so now I can send emails with any sender, but I am not able to download them and sort after.

I tryed to instal fetchmail, but I am realy not clever in this. & I don't know what to do to set it up correctly.

Could you help me please ? :)

4. Lee Sharp

After thinking about this a while, no, I don't think I can. I am not even sure if it can be done. You will need some help from fetchmail experts that also know postfix.

5. misko

So is it not possible to do it with another tool ? or directly with postfix ?
    .m

6. Lee Sharp

I am sure it is, but not by me. This is some advanced e-mail stuff, and you are on a phone board. While there are probably some people here thatr can help you, you will have a better chance on a board for postfix and fetchmail.

7. misko

OK thank you very much :)