Fedora 12 + Elastix

kamel02

Hello,

Well I have difficulties to instal elastix on Fedora 12 hard drive.
I want to have dual boot with Fedora and Elastix,

Any help (for a linux beginer) ??

Thx

dicko

Elastix is largely "monolithic", it is designed to be a standalone system. But you can add ANYTHING you have in Fedora to it with a "one-liner", If you want to do it the hard way, you will have to learn an awful lot about yum and it's repositories, dependencies and problems with that.

Elastix is based currently on Centos 5.4 which is essentially a "Big brother" of what you have Fedora (your big brother is RedHat EL5, but you've gotta pay for that :) ), I suggest you do it the other way round , start of with Elastix and add all you want to get your "Fedora" preferences.

I therefore ask "Why?" , what does Fedora give you that Centos doesn't?

dicko

kamel02

Thank you for your replay,
The essential question that I'm new linux user and I want a graphycal interface logged in the same server. So, I can manage the system files more easier ... for exemple to copy the Elastix file backup form one folder to another ....
For instance, I m using another Win XP computer to work with Elastix but with no access to To Elestix server ??
I Have no other special needs with Elastix server ...

What recommandations for me ??

Thx a lot

dicko

My sympathies (about the windoze thingy) :)

Start off with "Elastix Without Tears", it will enlighten you.

You access the Elastix server with
Code:
https://<ipaddress>
from another machine (I think even Windows can do that now :) )

yum -y groupinstall "GNOME Desktop Environment" "X Window System" "Office/Productivity" &&startx

will largely get you going on the "local console" (just type startx if you ever have to reboot your server (vey rarely necessary however) to get back there after logging on :) )

dicko

p.s. If you really want my recommendation, drop windoze and start using a real operating system, you have one already, just learn to use it.

kamel02

Thank you, very great ... exactly what I need.

regards

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mai Tuyen