Features for Elastix 2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by rafael, Apr 21, 2009.

1. rafael

2. Patrick_elx

1/
    a way to authenticate a user for a DISA access with a random password picked out a password list to avoid a replay attack.

Like: 'please enter the n word of your pass code' where n is random

2/
    fail2ban installed in the distrib by default with maybe a page in the GUI to report/flush/add the banned ip

3/
    an upgraded version of the Nerd Vittles telyapper

4/
    An improved billing reporting tool (including inbound calls too, filter by account code, etc...)

5/
    A load balancing mechanism for the choice of the trunk in the outbound routes (based on time of the day, total duration of call for the month/billing period on each trunk)

6/
    A status page where you have all the versions of iso, freepbx, modules, etc... in one easy ready to copy format to post in this forum when you seek help.

3. Patrick_elx

7/
    change the endpoint manager to have a main page + optional dowloadable modules for each specific phone brand/family/model.

That will let users choose only the module they need or upload third party modules for their specific phones without having to wait for a next elastix upgrade or having to tweak configuration that could be erased on a next upgrade.

4. mattrh

Cluster Module?
    Easy High Availability Setup Integrated?
    Nic load balancing?
    real time traffic monitor?

:)

5. wiseoldowl

1) Ability to choose unembedded FreePBX as the default when you click the PBX tab.
    2) fail2ban and/or OSSEC (if OSSEC maybe you could include this module, assuming it's open source).
    3) phpMyAdmin (selectable from tab/menu)
    4) Webmin (selectable from tab/menu)
    5) Ability to go to page and separately upgrade CentOS and Elastix components without touching FreePBX (in case you use FreePBX's built-in upgrader) - or at least make sure that an install or upgrade cannot revert FreePBX (or any module) back to an earlier version.
    6) Backup module that backups each part of MySQL database to XML files separately (and will restore same) so you can restore individual sections (e.g. outbound routes, inbound routes, IVR's, trunks, Misc Apps, Misc Dests. etc. etc. etc.) separately - so in case one part is incompatible with the new installation you can still restore everything else without retyping, and because it's in XML format you can read what's there and/or modify it in a text editor (yes, this SHOULD be part of FreePBX).
    7) Include enough support for siptosys and Skype so that Elastix users don't have to jump through a bunch of extra hoops to get it running (in particular make sure there's a windows manager installed, even if only twm or whatever it's called).
    8) If Digium won't throw a hissy fit about it, include Free Fax For Asterisk (the single channel free version) and make it easy to set up and use for incoming and outgoing faxes.

6. Refuge

I second the High Availability/cluster configuration option.

a queue monitor, preferrably one that allows you to choose which queues to show, as well as which agents are logged in, and available or away.

a way to see which channels on a T1/E1/J1 circuit are in use or not in use. we've had our T1 maxed multiple times, and not been able to tell without me logging into the CLI and checking the lines. this would be extremely useful

more modularized systems, or a way to disable/remove modules in the system. (For instance, I work for a regional ISP, where we already have a mailfarm system, billing system, CRM, etc, and have no need for those to be running on the phone server. In this case, massive integration is a bad thing, at least in terms of it all being on one machine).

That's about all I can come up with, the rest of my needs are (currently) being met.

Great job on the distro guys, love what you guys have done so far. It's a great leap vs the trixbox 2.2.8 system we had before, and a far cry from the asterisk 1.0RC2 before it.

7. fraggle4

Echoing the last two posters, I guess that there are not too many people who use every feature that already comes with Elastix. It would be nice to have some control over what feaures are actually installed, and among the options should be Webmin and phpMyAdmin.

8. virusbcn

Yo también votaría por una instalación modular hay muchas cosas que no utilizamos y otras que echamos en falta, como webmin y copia remota via ftp de las configuraciones, hay algo que llevo años soñando y es que las modificaciones como poner el lenguaje en castellano en cada actualización se machaca y vuelve a ponerlo ...

Saludos y enhorabuena por el mejor proyecto de Asterisk ;-)

9. donhwyo

Hi

I would like to see the Aastra scripts integrated into Elastix for easier provisioning. They now are including a build and docs for us. Thanks Aastra!

The versions of sugar and vtiger crms have become quite old. Maybe they should be taken out of of the official Elastix realm and just be a module. This could take the upgrade off the developers and let the crms be maintained threw there update systems. Upgrading there databases and distributions should be done to there standards anyway. Keeping them as a module is about what we have anyway.

Don

10. telecomtechnician

Elastix 2.0 debe ser modular

Hola, hoy escribo en español.

Despues de leer todas las sugerencias y opiniones sobre el futuro elastix 2.0, es mas que evidente que el empaquetado ippbx elastix 2.0 debe convertirse en algo totalmente MODULAR y que sea el usuario final el que decida que modulo bajar e instalar.
    Esto le daria libertad de instalar muchas cosas o en su defecto, instalar solo uno, dos o tres modulos en particular.

Algo adicional que si deberia incluir, es la opcion de que cualquiera de los módulos que se decida instalar, el mismo pudiese ser instalado en otro PC o servidor que no sea el mismo donde este el modulo principal instalado, que en este caso sería el asterisk. Los otros modulos pudieran ser: CRM, servidor de correo, A2Billing y el de fax. Por supuesto que tambien pueden ser los otros módulos como phpmyadmin, webadmin, flash operator panel y cualquier otro.

Muchos saludos y felicitaciones a todo el equipo de elastix.

David Medina

11. ramoncio

Re:Elastix 2.0 debe ser modular

1.- Update of some packages to latest versions. This shouldn't be too hard. CentOs packages and vtiger, Openfire, A2Billing, etc.
    2.- Vtigercrm / Sugarcrm full integration with popups for incoming calls working out of the box.
    3.- Solve the "Restricting registration for peer 'IAXMODEM_EXTENSION' to 60 seconds (requested 300)" message in the console. You can do it changing refresh to 60 in /etc/iaxmodem/iaxmodem-cfg.ttyIAX* by default, or adding "maxregexpire = 300" to /etc/asterisk/iax.conf so you don't get the annoying messages when you create a virtual modem.
    4.- NV_faxdetect, and NV_apps integration.
    5.- es_ES sounds 1.4 from VoIP Novatos. And you can put your sounds like es_EC, or es and ec if you want.
    6.- monit or some other program that handles restarting hangup services.
    7.- Odi-dahdi support for HCF-S/4S/8S. Way a lot better than mISDN.
    8.- It would be very nice and quite simple to achieve to be able to add custom folders and files to the backup module.
    9.- Spanish voices for festival from http://forja.guadalinex.org/repositorio ... ispavoces/
    10.- Modularity would be really nice too, I agree with telecomtechnician.
    11.- Maybe asterisk 1.6? I haven't tested it much yet, maybe it's not ready for production? I can't tell.

All these are quite simple to achieve, it wouldn't take you too much work and would improve Elastix a big deal. Maybe even you can include them in Elastix 1.6 or whatever is next release.
    I can think of many other great improvements, but they would take much more work and I think I've made this post long enough. I think I'll add some more later for version 2.0

12. ramoncio

Yes, these would be cool for version 2.0.
    Web cluster management would make Elastix huge.
    Some rrdtool based tool with a web interface for log analisis would be very nice too. Maybe Nagios with some plugins?

13. dicko

QOS
    VLAN's
    IP Tables
    Intrusion detection/Prevention
    Auto setup of Servers behind Firewall/NAT
    rsync, pico. mc
    A community supported virtual PBX where we can all publish our presence, call, get VM , conference, with some test numbers for echo, milliwatt tests, in/out faxes , trunl protocols, codec compatibility etc. to allow a new user to test basic functionality of his/her Elastix system before worrying about setting up functional trunks, NAT problem fixing et al.

14. Patrick_elx

app_rpt and chan_usbradio
    sms support
    openvpn server
    chan_mobile
    ldap

15. ramoncio

It would be very nice to improve CentOS2Elastix script and give the option to download and install the special kernel module from http://dev.centos.org/~tru/kernel-vm/5/ ... 5.i686.rpm to solve vmware choppy sound issues. This would make easier to install Elastix in a VPS.

16. danardf

If it's very possible to include Asterisk 1.6 we could have the SIP TCP/TLS, so possibility to join every MOCS. ;)

The cluster should be very very interesting, and as Dicko say, improve the security should be better.

17. danardf

I forgot.

Else, why not in the futur, make an own "Elastix Web GUI" and not Freepbx.
    Step by step, to starting by extension, trunk, ...Etc, and with the realtime Asterisk DB.

18. Refuge

I forgot to add, something else that elastix could benefit from: a scheduled backup system. Something that creates backups on a schedule, so you could then back those up to a remote system. Somewhat like the trixbox backup system.

19. danardf

Yes, that should be very useful with a little crontab.

20. ElasMex

Re:Elastix 2.0 debe ser modular

Hello Ramoncio

The functions proposed are good for the new generation of Elastix.

It is recommended that the existing functions of Elastix narrow, creating more security and make a comparison with similar products and communications "TrixBox, Flash PBX, Alcatel, Nortel, Avaya, etc".

And giving a dispute settlement, economy and stability to the user of telecommunications.

I hope to help in testing, input space and in Mexico.

Greetings to all