Feature Codes Don't Work

Discussion in 'General' started by jeredh, Aug 15, 2008.

1. jeredh

Hi everyone,

We're switching from an older version of another PBX to Elastix. I just finished installing a fresh copy of 1.1-8 and the basic setup of getting my trunks working for incoming/outgoing calls and setting up a few key extensions.

When passing calls around, we generally blind transfer to our parking lot ( ##70 ) and then inform the party it's for so they can pick up when they're ready. This is not working in 1.1-8. I've tried from our ZAP extension as well as different SIP extensions (some using regular SIP phones and others using X-Lite on a PC) and nothing seems to work. I've also tried other Feature Codes to be sure it's not just ## that won't work and none of them go either.

Does anyone have a suggestion that I could try? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. DaveD

It could be a few things
    Make sure the dtmf tones are working
    Also in features.conf add digettimeout=2000 under general as sometimes you need to press the ## fast for it to work

The digettimeout will make it easier to press the feature buttons

Check your sip phones as well for any service activation codes and if found delete them, check for any dial plans in the sip phones as well
    The linksys spa 942 have the codes and dial plans which need to be altered

If none of the above fix your issue post the output from cli when trying transfer

3. jeredh

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot for your help! It's still not exactly how it was on the old version of Asterisk, but it's close enough that we shouldn't have too many complaints.

Seems like it was the digettimeout that did it. I'll post back if I find anything to the contrary.

I really appreciate your help!

Thanks again!