Fear To Upgrade, yes, but why?,

Discussion in 'General' started by telecomtechnician, Nov 8, 2008.

1. telecomtechnician

Hi elastix community

I have succesfully installed my third elastix server with 4 fxo ports NXA800 NetVox card. In general, everything is working good but there is a big HEADACHE present and that is the upgrades. But why?

1)After downloading, burning and installing elastix 1.3.2, It recognized the 4 port card, and I saw in the flash operator panel the 4 zap trunks. The only missing thing was the extensions. I decided to upgrade the freepbx module (and all submodules). After that I did a yum

2. agidi

I second David Medina

I too have several systems working, and once they are online, this never get updated. Why? fear too.
    They work. I only update my personal box, which is used as a test box and find this issues Medina mentions. Stuff gets deleted, lost, de configured, or simply breaks. (agi-bin issue nobody seems to know why, nor care.)

I too congratulate the Elastix developers and community, it is an outstanding work. I'm no coder or developer, I try to put my 2cents worth by helping newbies on the IRC channel, I would also love to help on the project if I'm told how.

thanks and keep up the good work.