Faxing On Elastix 1.6-14 & FreePBX 2.7 32bit

stilllearning

Hi All,

I have been struggling for weeks trying to get faxing working with the above combination with no luck whatsoever, I have downloaded the NVFax files an installed them in /usr/lib/asterisk/modules and rebooted the system so now NVFax is not grayed out, but from here on I am totally lost on what to do next, could someone who has this combination working please help as to what I need to do next, any help would be grealy appriciated.

I have got emailing of messages working ok.

dicko

Have you tried reading "Elastix Without Tears" yet?, also search here for Avantfax

DaveD

On your incoming route for faxes you need to set the fax detect to NVfax and I use a pause of 4 to listen for fax tones.( sometimes needs more than 4 pauses, so experiment )

I set this to freepbx default

Goto general settings scroll down

Extension of fax machine for receiving faxes: set this to your fax ext
and set your email address where to send faxes

stilllearning

Thanks for the reply,
Have you tried reading "Elastix Without Tears" yet?
yes I have.

also search here for Avantfax
I thought you did not need Avantfax as freePBX 2.7 has a faxing module 2.7.0.19 from Schmoozecom.com which I have installed.

I have on previous versions of Elastix & FreePBX I used NVFax detect and AvantFax, but stuck here as I dont know if this is also the way to setup FreePBX 2.7 as it it very different.

stilllearning

Thanks for the reply

On your incoming route for faxes you need to set the fax detect to NVfax and I use a pause of 4 to listen for fax tones.( sometimes needs more than 4 pauses, so experiment )
This I have already done.

I set this to freepbx default
Where is this option as I cannot find it?.

Goto general settings scroll down, Extension of fax machine for receiving faxes: set this to your fax ext
and set your email address where to send faxes
This is not there on FreePBX 2.7 Have a look at the attached pic.

dicko

If you install the necessary license(s) for the digium fax application, then you don't need Avantfax, If you haven't installed those keys I believe you can get one free one from digium, or you it won't work yet (you won't need NVfax either) but you might need asterisk 1.6, i've never tried it on 1.4
dicko

stilllearning

dicko said:
If you install the necessary license(s) for the digium fax application, then you don't need Avantfax, If you haven't installed those keys I believe you can get one free one from digium, or you it won't work yet (you won't need NVfax either) but you might need asterisk 1.6, i've never tried it on 1.4
dicko
Thanks Dicko,

So summerising what you have explained above.

1. If I want to use FreePBX 2.7 with the Faxing module I have to get a license from Digium and it will only work with Asterisk 1.6 ?.
2. So I guess I would be better off waiting for Elastix 2.0 Stable.
3. So if I want to use Faxing with the existing Asterisk 1.4 brance which is in Elastix 1.6-14 I then have to use NVFax detect and Avantfax.
4. So what happens to the missing email settings for faxing which is not there in the General Sttings page tab, where do I set this information up?.

dicko

Both the Elastix fax setup and IMHO the more functional Avantfax, have places for emails by modem, (you can have more than one).

You don't need to detect a fax if you have dedicated DID's that go to iaxmodems connected to hylafax. If you want to detect faxes on a SIP number then you will need to install nvfax, and choose that method and the destination on the inbound route page.

dicko

stilllearning

dicko said:
Both the Elastix fax setup and IMHO the more functional Avantfax, have places for emails by modem, (you can have more than one).

You don't need to detect a fax if you have dedicated DID's that go to iaxmodems connected to hylafax. If you want to detect faxes on a SIP number then you will need to install nvfax, and choose that method and the destination on the inbound route page.

dicko
Dicko,

Is this the latest link to install of Avantfax?. What is the best way to install this?.

http://www.elastix.org/component/option ... 0/lang,en/

dicko

Please use the search box at the top, there are more than a few posts here about how to do that.

stilllearning

dicko said:
Please use the search box at the top, there are more than a few posts here about how to do that.
Thanks...this is where it is so confusing as the more you read the more confused you get, I dont wat to botch my working installation by doing something wrong. Once I get it working I will post here so it will help others

dicko

Allways have several levels of backup, then go get it working.

dicko

stilllearning

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr