Fax

Discussion in 'General' started by inktectech, Oct 22, 2010.

1. inktectech

Hi I am running Elastix 2.0 and recently got the my phones working. Now I am trying to setup a dedicated fax line (PSTN) using elastix, but failing miserably.

I followed With Out Tears and setup my Virtual Fax and IAX Extension. But under general settings on FreePBX interface there is no Fax Machine category and on trying to create an incoming route for the fax I get this message:

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function output() on a non-object in /var/www/html/admin/extensions.class.php on line 303

I have no idea what could be wrong. Another thing, the line that I used to test my phones is the same line I want to be the dedicated fax line.

2. trymes

How, exactly, are you trying to receive the faxes?

POTS line --> Virtual Fax?

Or are you trying to use a SIP line?

Tom

3. ramoncio

Hi inktectrech,

Have a look at this thread, it is not too long:

http://www.elastix.org/en/component/kun ... lease.html

About that PHP Fatal error, it doesn't sound good. It looks as if something about your pbx is misconfigured. I'm afraid, you'll have to fix that before having fax working..

4. trymes

Keep in mind, too, that Elastix without tears is written for version 1.6, which uses a different version of FreePBX than 2.0 does.

To keep it simple, if you are using a dedicated DID or Dahdi channel for fax, you do not need the fax detection, because you can safely assume that all incoming calls to that DID/Channel are fax calls. Just create an inbound route that matches all calls to that DID/channel and sends them to one of the Virtual fax extensions.

In that case, you do not need to configure any of FreePBX's Fax settings, as they will not be used.

Tom