fax via sip/voip line not working

Discussion in 'General' started by sijrinic, Nov 19, 2007.

1. sijrinic

Hi folks!

First of all: nice job making asterisk into elastix. i am a former trixbox user, but as time goes on, trixbox is more interested in the commercial side of life i guess....

I was very curious about the fax option, so i am testing it. But i can't get the fax via voip working. all is hear is the phone being picked up then a lot of noise for a few seconds. then it becomes silent en the fax is not being sent. It is not working inward and outward. Faxing between two clients in the same elastix box works fine!

is there anyone out there who can help me?
    Tnx!

Nico

2. CleveJ

Where do you change the default number of times a fax is resent

3. nothings_found

Fax works just great for me. Check your carrier.

Inbound/Outbound Works great.

:p

4. Eham

Nico,

Please explain your Fax setup. Are you using IAX2, or VoIP to an analog fax machine? I am using IAX2 over SIP trunking. I hard-code my SIP trunk to force G.711 codec because your fax transmissions will not go if the codec is using too much compression. I also use Elastix in the same cabinet our Class-5 switch is in, so I don't have to worry much about lag/jitter or packet loss on the SIP side.

5. sijrinic

Hi eham;

tnx for your answer. I'm using a sip-voip connection (no iax2) to a classic fax machine. it doesnt seem to work any ideas?

6. DaveD

If you have the fax connected to FXS you need to turn off all echo cancel on that zap channel

Just goto freepbx GUI and leave all echo cancel blank and submit

This is caused by oslec