Fax to E-Mail

Discussion in 'General' started by EagleLink, Dec 14, 2010.

1. EagleLink

I seem to have a problem that I could use some help with....obviously, I'm here. :)

I think I've got the faxing working properly, in and out. I can send a fax through the web interface to one of my own numbers and receive it ok (well it retries a few times, but it goes through). Here's my setup.

DID:
    Detect Faxes: Yes
    Fax Detection Type: NVFax
    Fax Detection Time: 4
    Fax Dstination: Fax Recipient : Extension 103

Extension 103:
    Fax Enabled: Yes
    Fax E-Mail: User's E-Mail Address

Virtual Fax Extension:
    Destinateion E-Mail: My E-mail Address

Ok, now that there's a little information, here's my problem. When I send a fax through the web interface, as I said the fax is received ok, but instead of going to the "User's E-Mail Address" it goes to "My E-Mail Address"

Also, in the E-Mail Template page I have the Fax From address set to pbx@mydomain.net and the e-mails I get seem to be coming from uucp@mydomain.net.

Is there something I've done wrong? Or is this a problem with Elastix?

Thanks for any help,
    Jeff

2. benign

Are you setting up virtual faxes for each extension with email set up, or are you using the "enable fax" setting inside of the SIP extension?

3. EagleLink

Sorry for the late reply, busy with the holidays. I wasn't aware you could set up a virtual fax for each extension. I know you can set up separate virtual fax extensions which aren't associated with the already existing extensions.

As I noted in the example I have enabled fax on the extension and set a fax e-mail address. I do it this way as opposed to having a separate extension because I have multiple inbound routes on some extensions and would like every extension to be able to have faxing capabilities.

Sometimes throwing a paper in a fax machine and pressing "103, Start" it easier than scanning something and e-mailing it. I'd rather not have to have separate extensions for faxing that everyone would have to remember.

Basically, my only problem right now is that the faxes are not going to the e-mail address set in the extensions configuration.