Fax T.38/FFA/Zoiper/IAX/WTF

benign

I seriously don't understand how I'm supposed to get any form of outbound SIP faxing working in elastix/asterisk. I once read that if I attempt to do this, then all the molecules in my body will explode at the speed of light! They are starting to explode, I think.

So far:

1) I've been able to setup incoming fax IAX extensions. They work fine.
2) I've been able to setup incoming fax SIP extensions with Fax for Asterisk. They work fine.

3) I've been able to create an email gateway using Hylafax and IAX modem. It "works". But virtually always fails sending the fax due to jitter.

4) I've been able to somewhat successfully use outbound IAX Faxes using the web GUI from Elastix. Works maybe 40%.

5) I've been able to use Zoiper T.38 fax SEND on a SIP extension to successfully send faxes. This works virtually every time.

What I've had absolutely no luck doing is the following:

1) Creating an email gateway using Hylafax and T38modem.
2) Figuring out how to implement any type of outbound SIP Faxing within asterisk, freePBX, or Elastix.

Any advice? Hints? I feel like I'm going around in circles.

asummerell

I know this is an old thread, but I am having some difficulty setting up Elastix to work with Zoiper T.38 Fax Send. I was wondering if you could explain what you had to do to make it work. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti