Fax Pool

Discussion in 'General' started by ronaldlw, Jun 9, 2009.

1. ronaldlw

I'm working on getting fax going in Elastix 1.5.2-2.3 and I'm a little stumped. I set up four virtual faxes and extensions and am able to receive and send faxes ok. I'm using WinprintHylafax to submit the outgoing faxes.

It would be nice if all of the virtual faxes could be utilized when receiving and sending faxes. For incoming faxes I have the inbound route go to a call hunting ring group that includes all of the virtual fax extensions, so i can get more than one fax in at a time. Is this the best way to do this?

Is there any way to have faxes in the outgoing queue use any available virtual fax, rather than waiting in the queue for a specific virtual fax to become available? It seems when I submit multiple jobs they all tend to use the same outgoing fax rather than finding the first available one.

Thanks,
    Ron

2. gamba47

I try to do this.

I create a Fax with the extension number of a queue. The queue have a pool of faxes

Don´t work :(

I hope you find the solution.

gamba47

3. dicko

Without detriment to Elastix' fax solution (you might need to build an upside down ring group for outgoing faxes, or you will run into busy's if you are(busy), we call that "glare" ), I think you will find avantfax better featured and more to your liking.

4. ronaldlw

dicko,
    I've seen some posts with avantfax, it sounds like it's pretty powerful. It seems from the little i've read about it can be integrated with elastix, or at least co-exist, right? For now I just want to try to use Elastix without any modifications or additions. There's enough to learn already!!! :)

If there isn't a simple solution then I can live with only using one virtual fax for outgoing faxes. This should not have to handle many faxes anyway, at least for now. If traffic picks up too much hopefully by that point I'll be a super-knowledgeable knower of all things elastix and will not be intimidated at all by integrating other packages into elastix myself.. ;) Or better yet, the Elastix package will come with it preinstalled.. :)

Thanks,
    Ron

5. mlewis

Seems a better idea to offload the main asterisk box when ever possible. Most tools talk to asterisk at the local IP and a port which should mean being able to build a separate box and use inter-link IAX channels or use IP to talk.

Don't know for sure, just looking into this myself but it's how I'd like to approach it.

Mike

6. mlewis

Well, that's what I've done so far. I've built another box, have asterisk/hylafax working and have now finished installing avantfax as well.

7. mlewis

Good learning experience but doesn't seem to be worth it as it would not be integrated. It appears that avantfax is more for a small office/home office than individual users.

Wish we could get some answers on whether every extension on asterisk could have auto detect voice/fax because hylafax works perfectly in our testing.

8. mlewis

Kinda strange, I posted this exact question on 5 other forums with not one reply. Maybe this is simply an unknown?

Mike