Fax machine connected to Elastix

Sadie

Hi Guys,

May I ask, I have a fax machine which is currently connected to an ATA box and I have created an extension for it in Elastix. Is it possible to send fax through elastix using my fax machine?

Thanks in advance.

Sadie

zonak

Yes - it can be done but the success rate is not 100%.

It depends a lot on the ATA adapter as well as your setup. I am using a Linksys PAP2 and have a decent success rate on the outgoing, but not so much on the incoming side.

Your best bet, from what I have read, is an adapter that supports T.38 - in which case also your SIP provider needs to support. People are saying that if you get this setup right, you can get excellent results - but there are a lot of IF-s.

Hope this helps.

Sadie

Hello there,

We have the same ATA box, may I know what do I need to adjust for my Fax extension to work? I just need the outgoing fax since I have efax for my incoming.

A million thanks :)

Sadie

zonak

I have gathered these from multiple places, so can't vouch exactly for everthing, but it works for me. Go to the admin section and the definition of your SIP line and change the following settings:

- Network Settings
+ Network Jitter Level --> high
+ Jitter Buffer Adjustment --> disable

- Audio Configuration
+ Prefered Code --> G711u
+ Use Pref Codec Only --> yes
+ Silence Supp Enable --> no
+ Echo Canc Enable --> no
+ Echo Supp Enable --> no
+ Echo Canc Adapt Enable --> no
+ FAX Passthru Method --> NSE
+ FAX Passthru Codec --> G711u

- Supplementary Service Subscription
+ Call Waiting Serv --> yes
+ Three Way Conf Serv --> ye

Sometimes it is advised that you turn off the adapter, wait for 30 secs and turn it back on.

<z/>

Sadie

Unfortunately, my provider dont support T.38, since this config means utilizing G.711 I cross my fingers that this will perfectly work on mine too :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manuelc