Fax issues

Hi,
anybody had issues with faxing? specifically:

Fax receive not successful - result (14) TIFF/F file cannot be opened.

well, after alot of mucking around, i finally got faxing issues sorted.
i cheated on the nvfax install by just copying the app_nv files into the module directory. so the first fix was to chmod the files to match the rest.
i then found that /var/spool/asterisk/fax/ wasn't present so had to create that with correct permissions.
on the cdr reports, i was getting destination = "s" now and again instead of my fax extension. this is the default context so it was removed from dahdi & chan_dahdi (don't know why there are 2 contexts in there) so that context=from-zaptel was the only context.

and finally:

i changed my inbound route to:
fax extension = my fax extension (this was set to system previously)
fax email = my exchange fax public folder address
fax detection = nvfax
pause after answer = 6

and down at the bottom:
extension= my fax extension

it was taking the fax but not emailing so a little tweaking in postfix main.cf was needed for trust to our exchange server.
it was then getting to the exchange server but not getting delivered so a little tweak on the spam filters and away we go.
working sweet as a nut now just in time as i have to add another 4 virtual faxes to the box shortly.

You can try with lower values for "pause after answer", I usually put 3 and it is enough. This is the time (in seconds) that NVFax listens in the line for a fax signal and the caller will have to wait before continuing into your incoming route configuration.

i'll give that a shot. thanks.
next step is to try avantfax as i have an ssl vpn and i could present avantfax to it so users can fax remotely (and securely) from anywhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orbit114