Fax Issues

MUD

I am using Elastix 1.3-2 with all rpms current as of Wed Oct 29/08

I followed the Fax videos as I did when I was using 1.0-1 of Elastix, witch never allowed me to pick up incoming faxs, but I was able to send via gfax (Linux/Gnome Fax Client)

Right now I can receive faxes nor send, GFax keeps asking for a username and password (I use my ext/pass) and I have my IP in the host allow area in Elastix's Web Admin GUI.

I not using VoIP but I do have a WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 1" with 2 FXO ports.

I want the FXO card to listen to the fax tone, pick up and email the fax in a pdf, as it should be by the video howto's, and be able to send faxes again.

Any help or anyone have luck with this?

MUD

Actually got it to answer now, I had to define it in "Inbound Routes":

Fax Extension: 206
Fax Detection Type: Used both Zaptel and NVFax
Pause after answer: 5

So the virtual fax does answer now as it hears the incomming fax tones, picks up and now the clients fax says line noise or phone line problems and will not receive now, I did try 'fxotune -i 4' after i stopped asterisk.

So I'm alittle closer now =) Please let me know any more tips or tricks, I'll keep this thread posted with my findings =)

MUD

Ok I notice now that it is picking up and all faxes are coming in, but are getting stuck in /var/spool/hylafax/recvq/ on the elastix server, and not being either emailed or in the fax visor, please advise =)

Stinger81

I had some issues with faxing too, today.

I first set up faxing in the inbound route, using fax detection nvfax, 25sec delay and no destination (it is a designated fax line). Faxes came through into the queue of another inbound route.

Second, I tried setting up a Virtual Fax, connected to a IAX-extension, no changes to nvfax and delay. Incoming faxes got the busy tone

Third, I left the Virtual Fax intact and disabled fax detection and delay. Faxes are coming in quite nice, both showing up in de mailbox af the address specified in the Virtual Fax and in the Fax Visor.

MUD

Great it's working perfect now! Thanks!

Stinger81

That's great indeed!
Thanks for letting all of us know that your issue is solved.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr