Fax clients can read incoming faxes to all users!

Discussion in 'General' started by VictorVictorVictor, Aug 22, 2009.

1. VictorVictorVictor

Oh no!

On my network I have 5 different fax accounts set up with 5 seperate DIDs on 5 seperate iaxmodems. I have them set up now to just receive their faxes in their emails, which has been working great. I want to give them all Hylafax clients to start sending outgoing faxes from their desktops.

I found Yajhfc, and was very impressed by the interface and ease of setup, but I was shocked to discover that logging in as any fax user gave me access to read incoming faxes for ANY user. This is bad, as I can't have customer service reps reading private faxes sent to the owner/accounting/etc.

I've searched the internet and found some confusing configurations involving Hylafax 6.0 and FaxDispatch, but I'm not sure if this is even what I need, and it seems like users only having access to faxes that were sent to their own account is an extremely basic feature that any fax server should support right out of the box without complex configuration.

Does anyone know how to fix this, and is this something I can hope to see come default in future releases of Elastix?

Thank you!

-Victor