Fax Back Service

Discussion in 'General' started by centritech, Sep 23, 2009.

1. centritech

Has anyone found a good solution for implementing fax back services with Asterisk? I've found a lot of people asking for it but not a lot of answers.

This would be a great feature to be able to implement into the Elastix fax interface.

Scott Brown
    Centritech

2. rafael

Sorry for the ignorance. What do you mean with fax back services?

Regards,

Rafael

3. centritech

Fax back service is where a caller can dial into the PBX, be presented with options and as a result of the document number selected, it is "faxed back" to the caller.

For example, if a client calls my office and needs a data sheet, they can pick document number 201 and then provide their fax number. As soon as the caller hangs up or confirms, the system faxes the appropriate document to the number provided.

This is very important for companies that send out instruction sheets, data sheets or MSDS documents (Material Safety Data Sheets).

4. rafael

Well, it can be done. Do you know if there is any asterisk software that allready does this? (opensource)

Regards,

Rafael

5. DaveD

6. centritech

Rafael,

That is my questions. I assumed it could be done, but have not found a solution.

DavidD,

Thanks for the suggestion I will check it out, although I would prefer something open source.

Scott Brown
    Centritech Communications

7. izrunas

Yes, an open source faxback solution would be an EXCELLENT add-on or built-in for Elastix. One more way to set Elastix above all other distros.

8. centritech

Does anybody have any other suggestions on how to accomplish this. This seems like a very desirable feature. I can't be the only one that would benefit from this.

Thanks in advance.

Scott