Failed to create /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom

Discussion in 'General' started by Dean, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Dean

Hi ALL,

As you can tell i am new here, I have been a *trixbox* user for some time and i thought its time for a change, so i have installed elastix, I have everything working, I can make calls etc etc etc

But i am having a LOT of trouble with System Recordings, Before i go on i have googled to death, searched forums and i can't find any answer, i do try to get the answer before posting.

First problem:

On the System Recordings page, it does not say what numbers to call example:

second problem:

So i press *77 i think it is to record, and when i press save it pops up with this error.

Failed to create /var/lib/asterisk /sounds/custom

Now i think the problem *may* where is says asterisk /sounds/ << there is a space between k /

maybe thats the problem ? if so how do i fix it!!!!?????

This is the only thing i am having trouble with at the moment.

Oh i can't seem to get Echo Canceller active but i havent googled that problem yet!

please help!

2. alang

Which version do you use? I just tried it on the latest version(1.3-stable), it's working very well.

3. dicko

It should have said :-

Using your phone,dial *77 Start speaking at the tone. Hangup when finished.and speak the message you wish to record.
    (note the *77 here, but not in your posting)

In the "feature codes" of FreePBX do you indeed have *77 selected and enabled under the Recordings sub-section?

4. feder67

Check that the file hhtpd.conf

Comment
    user apache
    group apache

#user apache
    #group apache

5. mithat

IMHO, it would be a better practice to change the owner of /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom instead of changing the apache's owner.