Failed Modules after Update

Discussion in 'General' started by kmullen, Dec 13, 2010.

1. kmullen

Just did a fresh installation of Elastix 2.0.3 on a 64 bit machine. Original installation went fine with now issues.

After reboot, I ran yum update.

Then after reboot several modules fail when Elastix is reloading, including DAHDI. I think the problem is with freepbx 2.7.0-10.

Has anyone else had issues? And how do I correct this?

2. kmullen

Additional notes: I installed the i386 version of 2.0.1 and did the yum upgrade and system came up just fine with no errors.

3. kmullen

So is the last update faulty? Has anyone else reported issues?

4. dicko

Pretty well, yes to both, they screwed up and acknowledged it in the bug-tracker (mantis) link below, they just haven't bothered to inform anybody here yet.

The 2.0.3 iso was released with a BIG bug in it that inappropriately allowed a kernel update when you did your yum update, dahdi needs to be built against the current kernel in use, as do the hardware modules, which presumably are the othre ones that failed for you, I do not believe PaloSanto have as yet built any of those module to suit, I suggest you edit /boot/grub/grub.conf to default=<the-oldest-kernel> (zero based, and thus presumably the last and original) in the list.

5. fraggle4

Playing with a test box after installing 2.0.3, yum update broke dahdi.
    Tried again on a fresh install. Yum update elastix went OK.

6. Lee Sharp

7. antone

I found if you do yum update elastix first, then you can do a full yum update succesfully.