External Extetion SIP Connection

Discussion in 'General' started by victorcasale, May 8, 2009.

1. victorcasale

Dear Friends,
    I'm new at Elastix community. First I really say that I'm so sorry that my english is too bad. I'm in Brazil where I have 3 small offices in different cities which whole is ground sourvey services. As my phone bills between all offices are very expensive i solved installing Elastix in a machine. This machine is plugged in a Dlink DIR-300 router and it's IP was setted to 192.168.0.109. On trying to avoip problems with ports I configured the Computer 192.168.0.109 in DMZ mode at DIR-300. My connection here is a Cable TV connection with a Motorola Cable modem with Dynamic IP. My DIR-300 has an option to configure a DDNS service so it avoids to break my access to the server. It's DDNS is rsd.dlinkddns.com. If i access https://rsd.dlinkddns.com i can see my Elastix control panel. I have setted 5 Extentions with the following numbers: 3001 3002 3002 3004 and 3005. The extentions 3001 and 3002 are connected in my local network with an SPA-2102 and it's working perfectly. The problem is happening the the exetentions 3003 to 3004 that are external. The IP phone, softphone and ATA is not conneting to them. It says Error 404 - Not Found. I would like to know if is there any special config to make to give external access to the extentions. All the passwords are the standard. Could someone trying to access my control panel and help me saying what is wrong? Thak you very much.

in Spanish:

2. Kalama Sutra

Olá Vitor,

<<Estou usando um tradutor de coisa para Mac OS X - Esperam que isto seja fechado - inglês para seguir e espanhol depois disto.>>

Tenho uma situação semelhante em que tenho um escritório principal, onde o meu Elastix / Voip é apresentado fora de, e 3 escritórios de satélite. Todos em estado de Washington SW, os EUA. Trato com 3 Abastecedores de Internet diferentes. Para a Companhia Telefônica, antes disto, tratei com 2 abastecedores telefônicos diferentes.

O que fizemos antes do fundando do nosso sistema Elastix, tínhamos interligado os escritórios com VPN (Ligação em Rede Privada Virtual) para outras necessidades de rede. Tendo tido isto no lugar e estável, deixando o sistema VoIP a bordo a rede foi fácil.

Não demos o nosso seguinte passo cheio e deixamos o nosso serviço telefônico tradicional ao escritório principal até agora. Isto está vindo, entretanto.

Boa sorte com o seu projeto.

Jim :blink:

------------------------------------------------------

Hello Victor,

<< I

3. Kalama Sutra

:(

Opps ... isto é 4 escritórios... Esqueci o escritório "de Casa" de minha esposa. E ele é 2 dias antes do Dia de Mãe. (Não espero ela nunca este ... de reanúncio)

:S

Opps ... that

4. ramoncio

Hi victorcasale, wellcome to the Elastix forum.
    If you want to setup external extensions you will need to open some ports in your router, using NAT.
    For sip you need to redirect external port 5060 (for sip signalling) and 10000-20000 range (for RTP audio packets) to your elastix box.
    And you'll have to do the same in your remote locations, redirecting the same ports to the ATA or SIP phone.

Sorry but my portugueis is not good enough for writing, but I can understand most of it. If you need some aclarations I'll try to do my best or write in Spanish if you prefer, but maybe if you use a translator this is enough for you.

5. victorcasale

Dear Ramoncio, thank you... I setted up my router in DMZ mode to Elastix, only to try using external extentions, but I'm not getting successful. It does not register. My connection type is a cable modem with dinamic ip. As an alternative way to the dinamic IP i setted up a Dyndns account in my router. Its address is rsd.dlinkddns.com ... If you try accessing the PBX from https://rsd.dlinkddns.com it opens. If I try to register my X-lite inside my office acessing the local ip (192.168.0.109), i registers with no problem, but when I'm out of office and try to register the extention using rsd.dlinkddns.com the softphone can not register. Look, i'm new in linux. I practically don't know so much... I only installed the pbx CD then I updated it using yum. Do i have to make some specail config to use it? could you please take a looking in my control panel and try helping me? I would be so thanks... The password is still the same (palosanto).

Thank you very much

6. ramoncio

7. victorcasale

Dear Ramoncio, thank you...
    I was looking the other topics, but I'm still finding difficulties about connecting an external extention. Look, I only installed the Elastix than after I created a little extention list, only for testing. The internal ip extetions are so fine. Today I installed X-lite in my PC. I configured it as follows: Display name: Victor <The same name as in I setted in elastix> / Username: 3130 <my extention number> : Password: 3130 <the password i setted that is the same as the extention numer> / Authorization user name: 3130 / Domain: rsd.dlinkddns.com (my DDNS name) / Send outbound via Proxy : rsd.dlinkddns.com.

When I try running X-lite, it appears dicovering network.... than after it appears Registering... This message "Registering" stays on X-lite display for almost 40secounds than after it appears "Registration error: 408 - Request Time Out"...

As I already mentioned, I still did not made any special configuration. Elastix is only installed and 4 extentions where addedd. So.. My question is... Do I need to make any special configuration to enable external access for my extentions?

Since now thank you all so much... Once again I'm so sorry that my english is too bad and .... I'm so sorry if I'm being inconvenient once I'm tottaly ignorant about linux.

8. miketi

I am having the exact same problem although I have made some changes to the sip_nat.conf and sip_general_custom.conf as described in Elastix without tears chapter 24. Can anyone help us?