External extension cannot hear from me.

Discussion in 'General' started by xiaosu, Aug 10, 2007.

1. xiaosu

Hi guys, I installed Elastix 0.8.4 on my server, and my server connect to internet by a ADSL modem.. and I didn't use any firewall or router.
    Calls between extensions on the LAN is all ok.
    but when I'm making call to PSTN via the SIP trunk to my voip provider. I can hear from the pstn clearly ,but the pstn extension cannot hear anything from me..
    Someone told me that maybe the RTP port was blocked, but I don't have any firewall or router enabled. the server connect to Internet just using a pppoe dialup link.
    could someone tell me how to solve my problem ?thanks!
    any help is appreciated!

[Structure of my network]
    [​IMG]

2. cowboy47

Understood that you do not have a router or firewall, but that is not to say that your ISP or provider is not blocking RTP. From the CLI you can do a rtp debug ip and that should show you if it is getting through.

The other thing you need to check is what codec you are using.

C

3. cowboy47

Understood that you do not have a router or firewall, but that is not to say that your ISP or provider is not blocking RTP. From the CLI you can do a rtp debug ip and that should show you if it is getting through.

The other thing you need to check is what codec you are using.

C

4. xiaosu

thanks for your reply! but if I register the SIP account with X-Lite/eyeBeam softphone, then I can talk to the PSTN extension normally. so,I don't think the ISP has blocked the RTP port.. I tried g711u and g729 encodec, the result are the same.
    [​IMG]<br><br>Post edited by: xiaosu, at: 2007/08/10 06:12