External Audio in Elastix

Discussion in 'General' started by MST, May 7, 2010.

1. MST

MST

I am trying to get external audio works throught sound card (overhead paging) in Elastix. I found free module in PBX. Setup pretty stright forward, set up misc destination.

However; something is wrong:

Code:

== Parsing '/etc/asterisk/sip_notify.conf':   == Found
      == Using SIP RTP TOS bits 184
      == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
        -- Executing [199@from-internal:1] NoOp("SIP/103-00000029", "Running miscapp 2: MICPAGING") in new stack
        -- Executing [199@from-internal:2] Goto("SIP/103-00000029", "app-extaudio,audioout,1") in new stack
        -- Goto (app-extaudio,audioout,1)
        -- Executing [audioout@app-extaudio:1] NoOp("SIP/103-00000029", "External Audio Out") in new stack
        -- Executing [audioout@app-extaudio:2] Ringing("SIP/103-00000029", "") in new stack
        -- Executing [audioout@app-extaudio:3] Wait("SIP/103-00000029", "1") in new stack
        -- Executing [audioout@app-extaudio:4] Playback("SIP/103-00000029", "public_address_system") in new stack
        -- Executing [audioout@app-extaudio:5] Playback("SIP/103-00000029", "beep") in new stack
        -- <SIP/103-00000029> Playing 'beep.gsm' (language 'en')
        -- Executing [audioout@app-extaudio:6] System("SIP/103-00000029", "/usr/bin/amixer set Line 0% unmute cap") in new stack
        -- Executing [audioout@app-extaudio:7] Dial("SIP/103-00000029", "console/dsp,20,A(beep),tr") in new stack
      == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)
        -- Auto fallthrough, channel 'SIP/103-00000029' status is 'CHANUNAVAIL'
        -- Executing [h@app-extaudio:1] NoOp("SIP/103-00000029", "Hungup so returning to normal extaudio settings") in new stack
        -- Executing [h@app-extaudio:2] System("SIP/103-00000029", "/usr/bin/amixer set Line 50% unmute cap") in new stack
        -- Executing [h@app-extaudio:3] Hangup("SIP/103-00000029", "") in new stack
      == Spawn extension (app-extaudio, h, 3) exited non-zero on 'SIP/103-00000029'

The preconditions for this module:
    This module expects the alsa mixer to exist on the local system with "Line", "PCM" and "Capture" audio interfaces. (The alsa mixer is available in the alsa-utils package.)
    This module requires one of the asterisk console modules to be loaded - either chan_oss.so or preferably chan_alsa.so . (Remove corresponding noload command from /etc/asterisk/modules.conf)

both done ......

Any advice appreciate.

MST

2. danardf

Hi..

Maybe the gain record is not enough high?

Else, no idea... :huh:

3. MST

MST

it works .... :cheer: just pluged micro to wrong place ....:blush:

Paging is done. Now working on ICOM..... from what I see and read I need FXS card.

Do you guys think that linkys pap2T with 2 fxs can do same job? I start researching and looking for materials.

Any advices highly appreciate ..... meybe some links :whistle: :whistle:

Thank You !!!

MST

P.S I have intercom with door opener, so have to figure it out for both

intercom
    access system (buzer - door opener)

Cheers

4. rollinsolo

Nice MST +1 for you, I am looking at using a clients existing paging system but using a VoIP paging Adapter like Cyberdata or something along those lines which if Im right they unit will act as an extension that people can call on to page out through their aastra phones over the loudspeaker. Is this similar or it sounds like you did something totally different.

5. MST

MST

I am using just a sound card in a server. Instead of using speakers, use amplifier and plug to external speakers in a office. Then simply dial whatever extension you assign in misc application that is EXTERNAL AUDIO. This is module that you cn donwload from free pbx and install it.

nice guide is here: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Sett ... sound+card

Simple, easy, and convinient.....

Regards,

MST

Now working on access control system (door opener and intercom) but it is not so easy like this one.... :(

6. MST

MST

P.S with that module just go to step 6 .....

CHeers,

7. rollinsolo

Thanks, they already have loudspeakers set up like the megaphone looking things, would this work with that as well, or should I stick with the cyberdata device, I think they are close to the same, but more expensive.