extensions suddenly not working

Discussion in 'General' started by areid, Sep 16, 2009.

1. areid

This is urgent and not sure what to do.

I am using elastic 1.5.2-2.3 and there is no changes to our server. In elastix gui extensions are not showing up there plus when anyone calls and press an extension, it does nothing. does not cancel the call, no ring, nothing.

I have shutdown elastix in gui and the server. Both did not work. My phone shows extension online.

please help ... please

2. areid

really need help. reboot server. did not work.

3. Bob

Bob

Can you call extension to extension??

Have you had a look at /var/log/asterisk/full - does it show the call coming in??
    Does it show what is happening when it tries to go to an extension.

under the asterisk cli (asterisk -r -vvvvvvvvv) when you perform a sip show peers does it show that the extensions are online

Have you performed a YUM upgrade recently - when ?

Have you changed any codecs recently??

What trunks are you using Dahdi / SIP /IAX???

Need info - more info....

Regards

Bob

4. areid

Thank god you are there Bob!

I looked in /var/log/asterisk/full and see this

[Sep 16 04:05:50] NOTICE[24100] manager.c: 127.0.0.1 tried to authenticate with nonexistent user 'USERNAME'
    [Sep 16 04:05:51] VERBOSE[24101] logger.c: == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/manager.conf': [Sep 16 04:05:51] VERBOSE[24101] logger.c: Found

I know I went there yesterday to add a new user but changed the existing user. What user do you use? elastix login or freepbx login?

5. Bob

Bob

You can use either as the Embedded Freepbx is just a wrapper around some of the basic functions.

Can I ask a question...did you upgrade the Freepbx to version 2.6??? (please don't do it if you havent).

Just while you waiting...please go into the Freepbx (unembedded version), and go to each extension and press submit on each one. and then press the red/orange bar on the top to complete refresh

Regards

Bob

6. areid

no, did not upgrade to freepbx 2.6 but found the answer

go to /etc/asterisk and make sure username and password are the same for manager.conf and amportal.conf files. then do a asterisk -r and should work.

Bob, thank you for your quick response.