extensions.conf from asterisk

Discussion in 'General' started by ivanmt, Jun 22, 2009.

1. ivanmt

Hi there, and thanks in advance for the help.

So, the problem is:

I have a working Asterisk 1.2.24. Witch is connected to Cisco AS for the PSTN .
    Now i want to make a new one, so i choose Elastix. I was thinking is there any way of migrating automatic,
    extensions.conf . (Elastix is on new machine). As there are my dialplans.Example:
    exten => _1XX,1,Monitor(wav|${CALLERID(num)}-${EXTEN}-${TIMESTAMP}|m|b)
    exten => _1XX,2,Set(CALLERID(num)=200)
    exten => _1XX,3,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},30,t)
    exten => _1XX,4,Busy
    exten => _1XX,5,Hangup

exten => _2XX,1,Monitor(wav|${CALLERID(num)}-${EXTEN}-${TIMESTAMP}|m|b)
    exten => _2XX,2,Set(CALLERID(num)=200)
    exten => _2XX,3,Dial(SIP/9656${EXTEN}@10.240.7.6)
    exten => _2XX,4,Hangup

exten => _3XX,1,Monitor(wav|${CALLERID(num)}-${EXTEN}-${TIMESTAMP}|m|b)
    exten => _3XX,2,Set(CALLERID(num)=200)
    exten => _3XX,3,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@10.240.7.228)
    exten => _3XX,4,Hangup

exten => _4XX,1,Monitor(wav|${CALLERID(num)}-${EXTEN}-${TIMESTAMP}|m|b)
    exten => _4XX,2,Set(CALLERID(num)=200)
    exten => _4XX,3,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@10.240.7.228)
    exten => _4XX,4,Hangup

I`m newbie to Elastix...so it`s kind of hard for me to understand how migrate this.:)
    Any help ot some how-to url:)

2. rafael

Hi ivanmnt, welcome to the Elastix Community :D

In Elastix you should not edit extension.conf, because it could be overwrite with an update of freePBX. How ever, extensions.conf include a file call extensions_custom.conf that is meant to add your custom context. There is also extensions_additional.conf that is other file you should not edit, but it has the contexts of freeBPX and you may want to include this contexts in your custom context.

Hope this helps and best regards,

Rafael

3. ivanmt

Wow, great thanks for the fast answer. Well, i added thme to extension_custom.conf. And the dialplan show....shows them. But my question is, where i can see them in the GUI? So in the extension_custom.conf i have a few context...i added custom context module, but he does not shows/find them. :)
    Btw, great forum!:)

4. rafael

I haven't use custom context module, but in freePBX extensions you normally have text box that allows you to write the context for the extension, it comes set to "from-internal" as default.

Regards,

Rafael

5. dicko

Unfortunately anything in your *custom*.conf files is not available in the GUI.
    However to expand on rafael's post, you should be able to reconstruct your contexts with "custom contexts", "custom trunks" and "custom extensions" and they would then be in *additional*.conf and available in the gui.

(FreePBX stores data in mysql tables and reconstructs them from that database, it does not read the *.conf files directly)

6. ivanmt

I`ll try it...:) Think it`s gonna work.
    But, is there any way to add custom context from the web of Elastix?

Best Regards.

7. dicko

In your case:

exten => _2XX,3,Dial(SIP/9656${EXTEN}@10.240.7.6)

for example, you can build that (201 as an example) as a "custom extension" with a dial-string of
    SIP/9656201@10.240.7.6

But perhaps a more elegant solution would be to construct trunks between your various servers and construct a dialplan that uses those particular trunks by "most significant digits" dialed. Your use of 200 as callerid can then be added to calls that get sent to that trunk.

Your "monitor" use has largely been replaced in FreePBX with the mixmonitor app. which is configurable in the extensions of the gui. (but your variables need a little customization )

Most of your questions are answered are in "Elastix Without Tears" available from the downloads section.