Extensions as Trunks

Discussion in 'General' started by ferdinandbabst, Mar 24, 2010.

1. ferdinandbabst

Hi

We are using an Elastix server as the primary PBX for a residential estate with Multiple PRI lines.
    One resident has his own personal small Epygi PBX behind our Elastix Server and he wants a trunk of his own.
    My question is: Can you setup an extension on Elastix to act as a trunk i.e. have say 4 concurrent calls on one Extension. If so, how would I set this up?:unsure:

Any advice is greatly appreciated

2. Patrick_elx

Of course you can.

just create a standard extension and on his side it will be seen as a trunk.

I've done that on my home PBX that is seen as an extension of my office PBX (Home PBX IAX2 trunk -> office PBX IAX2 extension). I can from home access all the functions of the office PBX (as any other office extension). The office can call me like I am an office extension, but the office can not access my home pbx extensions directly or use my home outbound routes.

There is also probably a way to limit the number of simultaneous call by using a custom context linking to, but I can't think of an easy built-in GUI way of doing it.

3. ferdinandbabst

Thanks

Will try it out