Extensions and phones

Discussion in 'General' started by kramadana, Apr 1, 2011.

1. kramadana

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any way to have two phones as 1 extension (i.e. a desk and handsfree phone).

I am trying to make it so that if a call is transfered to either of the phones and the user is already using one of the phones it will show as busy.

At the moment they are set as follows and therefore elastix will forward to the second phone.

Many thanks

Sam

2. glennbtn

If you want them to both ring at the same time, put them in a ring group. The forward the calls to the ring group instead of the extension

Glenn

3. kramadana

I've just tried that but when I forward the call to the ring group the other phone will still ring even if the other is busy which is the opposite of what I need.

4. glennbtn

What are you trying to achieve? Is this for 2 inbound numbers?

Glenn

5. kramadana

I'm trying to achieve the following situation:-

Everyone has a desk phone and a walkabout mobile (both different extensions)

When a phone call is transfered to say the desk phone and the person is already on another phonecall the mobile rings and it looks like they are not answering the phone.

What I need is a busy signal if either is busy as they can only answer the one phonecall at a time.

I can produce this result if I cancel the follow me rules set up and ring say the desktop phone. The problem I then have is that he could be in a different part of the building with his mobile.

6. glennbtn

I would say that using the elastix front end, this won't be achived but possible coding directly in the additional conf files.

You could just use the ring group and when the user is at the desk set the mobile to DND and when out and about set the desk to DND.

7. fmvillares

Re: Re:Extensions and phones

pay professional support and could be done with professional phones (polycom for example) and shared line appearances