extension passwords

Discussion in 'General' started by keithtsm, Oct 13, 2009.

1. keithtsm

I've recently taken over an Elastix 1.5.2-2 box with Linksys spa942 phones.
    I've just added a new extension but the registration appears to be failing at the ext 1 password.
    How can I determine what it's expecting for that password?
    I've tried all of the known passwords that are used on this site for other things, as well as standards like admin, password, 1234 etc...
    Can I force a password? Or am I better off deleting the new extension and rebuilding it?

Thanks in advance!

2. arusnet

Hi, the password is that when we put the extension in the field "secret". That is, a password created by you.

3. dwells

You don't need to delete an extension to change the password.
    From the dashboard select the PBX tab, and then select the extension you are working with.
    The secret is the password. [screen shot] Find the secret, and change it if need be, to something you deal with, and change your other devices to match Elastix.

hope that helps.
    -dwelly

4. keithtsm

It turns out the problem was more my not knowing the history of this phone system. Once I analyzed the existing extensions and successfully located one of the passwords for those extensions I was able to find out what the extension was that had been deleted.
    I then just used the old username and pass for that extension and succeeded in getting it to register.

Thanks!!

5. keithtsm

got it...conflicting userid's