extension configuration

jasnymurzyn7

Hello!

How I can configure elastix to use sip_alisa name instead extension number for x-lite registration. Please help me.

rafael

Hi jasnymurzyn7 and welcome to the Elastix forum,

I believe that if you use freeBPX you have to use the extension number as the user. However you can still configure the sip alias to recieve the phone calls.

Regards,

Rafael

jasnymurzyn7

First of all thank you for your reply.

To be honest in company that I work for. There was asterisk configured with IP phone that for usernames use not extension number like 401 but sip_alias like sales1, logistic2 and so on and they were able to login to Asterisk. Now in Elastix they are not, because they use old configuration with sip alias as username. The problem is that company has about 5 branch offices and I can't log to them phone and reconfigure them. Instead of phones locate in my office.
I think that feature that was present in older version of asterisk is still hidden somewhere but I can't find it. Please help me.

rafael

You can do that with Asterisk, but not with freePBX and Elastix uses freePBX to administrate Asterisk. So in order to do what you want to do you would have edit the file:
/etc/asterisk/sip_custom.conf

Regards,

Rafael

jasnymurzyn7

Thank you so much!

I put these into sip_custom.conf:

[sales1]
user=sales1
type=friend
secret=abc123
host=dynamic

And my phones are registering to Asterisk successful. But the are not able to call other users? How I assigne extension number to sales1? I need to configure dialplan?

Thank you in advance!

rafael

I order for extensions to dial each other you can add the extension to the from-internal context. So you should add the line:
Code:
context=from-internal
In order to be able to dial each other with numbers, you should edit the dial plan in extensions_custom.conf. For this you should create a context that can dial other extensions and include that context in the [from-internal-custom]
context.

Regards,

Rafael

jasnymurzyn7

Once again, thank You.

in PBX settings->Tools->Custom Extension

I add sales1 and now I able to call from sales1 other phones configured by extension numbers but I'm not able to call sales1.

What i need to put in extension_custom.conf to assigne extension number i be able to call from any other phone to sales1.

Sorry I am new in asterisk.

Best Regards,

rafael

This might work

at the end of extensions_custom.conf create a context for your sip alias. It could be something like this:
Code:
[sip-alias-extensions]
exten => 456,1,DIAL(SIP/sales1);
exten => 456,n,HANUP();
exten => 457,1,DIAL(SIP/sales2);
exten => 457,n,HANUP();
Here when you dial 456 you would dial sales1 extension and when you dial 457 you would ring sales2 extension. You can keep adding more numbers that would dial other extensions.

Then you should add the following line in the context [from-internal-custom]:

Code:
include => sip-alias-extensions

This is a very simple way that you can make it work, but you can always do it better and have things like voice mail. If you review the file extensions_additional.conf, you can review how FreePBX does it and you can improve your dial plan. Also remember that you should never edit the file extensions_additional.conf, because it would be overwrite every time you update freePBX configuration.

Regards,

Rafael

marcalza

Rafael,

Hi! I have a doubt about the dialplan too, hope you can help me...

I need to redirect a call from an extension in Elastix to an another extension in Elastix, for example if I dial (904X.) call the extension 5000

The thing is I have a trunk configured that has the prefix (9x.) and all the calls are sended by this trunk.

In extensions_custom.conf I added this

exten => _904X.,1,dial(SIP/5000)

but still goes trough the trunk...

Do I have to do some modifications in other files in Elastix? All the extensions are configured by the GUI and they can call each other with no problems (if I dial 5000 the call goes to the extension 5000)

Sorry if the issue is silly

rejil.rajan

You can create a follow ME for the extensions with 904X.

The other choice is to make a context called ext-local-custom in extensions_custom.conf

and add the line exten => _904X.,1,dial(SIP/5000)

This should help answer the call before the trunk

marcalza

Rejil,

Thanks, i got it!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fpino