Extension config problem

Discussion in 'General' started by biloa, Aug 11, 2009.

1. biloa

Hello,
    I configured two extensions on Elastix 1.6 and nothing was ringing ; is it for low bandwidth I used ? or because the Elastix 1.6 version is a beta version ?
    my extensions were 1000 and 1002 .

Thanks

Bidjanga

2. Bob

Bob

Biloa,

Could be anything.....

First of all, 1.6 is beta, so we have one variable there. I have 1.6 beta running in a semi-production use, and have had no problems over the last month, but I am sure that all remaining parts are known variables...e.g

All Freepbx Configs have been tested with 1.5
    VoIP Trunks are all working (so I know I have no firewall issues)
    The codecs I am using are standard ULAW (e.g. not using G729)
    The phones I am using work on 1.5 and have the same config as I did on 1.5.

As you can see I have only one variable to work with if things don't work, and that is 1.6 Beta.

I have not tried to perform a YUM upgrade on the 1.6 Beta, removing this as a variable. As you can appreciate, a 1.6 beta + yum upgrades increases the chances that an issue may occur.

Now you mention "low bandwidth I used". Does this mean that you are using G729 or ILBC as your "low-bandwidth settings"??? If this is the case, ILBC does not come as standard codec anymore, and G729 requires you to purchase G729 Licences for the Asterisk system. Suggest going back to Ulaw for the time being while getting the system up and running.

Regards

Bob

3. biloa

Hi Bob,
    I use a shared bandwidth for my Elastix tests here.
    I have connected two Linksys SPA 1000 terminal to my router along with analog phones ; then also connected the Elastix 1.6 server to the same router .
    But what I notied is : on the FreePbx System status windows , I saw that eth0 was having 1.54k on receive and about 1 k on transmit.
    I suppose this bandwidth level can't help phoning ; maybe it's the reason why i did not get any ringing after i've added my extensions on the Elastix 1.6 .I used phone # 1000 and 1002 for that.

Or can it be the wrong config of my Linksys Gws ?

Regards