Example csv file that really work

Discussion in 'General' started by pnaves, Jul 17, 2009.

1. pnaves

Someone could avaiable a csv file example to charge campaigns. I tried to find but all examples fail even I saving using unicode encoding.

tks

2. dicko

They are in unix newline format?

3. javapaul

are you using excel to edit the file?, cause after i create the file in excel and save it as .csv, i still have to change the ; for , and add " when i edited with notepad and it didn't give me any upload problems.

4. pnaves

My problem was in header file format that doesn't match with the body data.

Tks all for help

5. jgutierrez

Hi,
    A way to make sure that you are uploading a correct csv file, is to open it with notepad, you should have the following format:

18773527849,"Elastix"
    18773527850,"Elastix2"
    18773527851,"Elastix3"

A common mistake is to use a delimiter different from ',' and to not quote the words.
    If you have a csv with lines on that format, you wont have any problem. By the way you may add more fields, of course following the same rules on delimiters and quoted words.

6. faraqsa

once we upload the CSV where it is getting saved in the server ?

7. jgutierrez

It is stored on the mysql database called call_center, there are a couple tables that you need to look, and understand how they are related.

8. faraqsa

how does elastix connects to the call_center mysql database ? where is the database configuration file located in elastix ?

I have developed a file in PHP to add a record to the call_center DB but the thing is I need to get the db configuration !?

9. franklin

pnaves, Can you tell me how you got the csv to work? I have tried every combination I can think of. Open Office. Txt saved as a .csv. Excel. I always get no data found when I open the csv from the Campaign List. I've tried a simple list of numbers in one column.
    xxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxx

I've tried putting a 1 in front
    1xxxxxxxxxx
    I've tried
    xxxxxxxxxx,"name"

And I've saved those in multiple formats. Never any data.

10. dicko

Be aware that 'End of Lines' in Windows are not the same as Linux ( or Apple OS)

perhaps run the file through dos2unix (you might well need to you install that in the standard Elastix distros)

11. jgutierrez

franklin,
    Just to make things clearer, when you click on the csv from the Campaign List, you will only see the results of calls being done, wich is not the same as the entire number list that you have uploaded.
    If you are not getting data on that file is due to the reason that you havent configured correctly the call center module, check:

1. If elastixdialer service is on
    2. If the phone numbers have a correct format (place them as you would dial them through a sip extension, choose the dial plan trunk NOT another trunk)
    3. Make sure that you have used agents on your queue NOT extensions
    4. Make sure that you have placed valid phone numbers

For more information on callcenter configuration, you may follow this link:
    http://www.elastix.org/en/component/kun ... 0&start=20

12. nielsen

What you mean by "And I've saved those in multiple formats. Never any data." ???

After you upload file csv click at show data and it empty ?

If YES, realy never u see data on this file, first u need finish a campain and will see data generated by de csv+forms OK ?