Evaluation announce

Discussion in 'General' started by kareem, Jan 15, 2011.

1. kareem

Hi every body
    Once again I have a question and it will be great if any body have the answer

My question is

Is there is any way to have asterisk take a value from the caller and save it in a new table on the db?

Say I want to make a survey to evaluate my customer service and this is my scenario

1- First I call a person give him a notification of what I want from him
    2- Pass him to an evaluation announce he press his evaluating number say from 1 to 5
    3- Save his choice in the db

Is there is a way to do this ?

Thanks for your time :)

2. kareem

Any body :(

3. Lee Sharp

Well, I still have no clue what you are asking, so I can not help.

4. kareem

thank you for your time
    i Knew my English is bad and the i can't make the people understand me easily

i was looking for away to take a variable from the caller and insert it in a table and i have just succeeded to make the caller insert the value through the dial plan

5. Bob

Bob

Kareem,

Thank you for being patient....

What you are after is not impossible....in fact a year or so ago, I was testing it as a way of the call receiver actually entering a number to categorise the call as they finished the call. I built a proof of concept but never used it. It used a database to record the call, which included the date and time of the call, the CID (if had one), the extension, and the number entered into the phone

I will be honest and say I haven't a clue where I put the code I was using.

Separate to this, I also wrote a hand off routine initiated by the Call receiver that sends the call to an announcement and then adding the extra routines to write to the database is not an issue.

Basically the routines i have provided below, will allow your Called phone user to press *9 in the call, immediately the Caller will lose (hand off) the call, leaving them free to take the next call. In the meantime, the caller will be played an announcement and depending what code you add (where shown) will do whatever else you need.

Just a word of warning, the code was last tested with Elastix 1.6 (asterisk 1.4). THis is basically a starting block for you to get you moving, you will need to research the user input routine and writing to the database.

extensions.ael

macro star9-announcement() {
    ChannelRedirect(${CHANNEL},starcontext,1,1);
    };

context starcontext {
    1 => {
    Answer;
    Playback(custom/star9);
    ---------------------------
    PUT YOUR CODE HERE TO TAKE INPUT FROM CALLER AND SAVE TO DB
    ---------------------------
    Hangup;
    };

globals_custom.conf

DYNAMIC_FEATURES = playstar9feature

features_applicationmap_custom.conf

playstar9feature => *9,callee,macro,star9-announcement

Only thing you may not pickup on is the star9 in Playback is a custom recording....

Hope it gives you a start, if not a functional one, at least one that you can start research on...

Regards
    Bob

6. kareem

many thanks Bob this was helpful

7. Bob

Bob

No problems....

I would love to help you flush it out further, but work is busy at the moment, and moving house as well in the next few weeks, so time is hard.

However, if you get stuck on things, post the question and will see if I can at least point you in the right direction and give some examples....

But the basic operational structure will give you a head start....

Regards

Bob