Enpoint in Elastix 2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by MST, Sep 30, 2010.

1. MST

MST

Is there any way to fix that endpoint configuration scan the network that is in VPN?

All networks see each other , can ping all. However; can only scan the network where Elastix sits.

2. dicko

That would depend on how your VPN is configured, the endpoint configurator uses nmap, nmap needs arp to be transparent through the network , unless you allow that on your VPN (most won't for obvious reasons) it just won't work. VPN's expose layer 3 networks generally not layer 2.

3. MST

MST

I use pfsense for VPN. So far it works ok.

Thank You dicko for replying.

MST

4. Lee Sharp

I am a m0n0wall dev (The root of pfSense, and a lot of the same people) and an active nmap user. If you have the VPN configured in the best way possible, an nmap scan of your VPN IP will detect the mac of the pfSense LAN port. So, not, it won't work. Sorry... Just the way Ethernet works.

5. dicko

I don't know whether it still pertains but getting tftp through a pfsense working as a nat box was certainly problematic in the past. There was work on a tftpd proxy

6. trymes

FWIW, we have 9 networks connected to our LAN via IPSec, and TFTP works just fine over the IPSec links. Just upgraded a pile of Cisco 7940s over the VPN.

Doesn't work for the endpoint configurator, I don't think, though. Endpoint Config doesn't seem to see the Ciscos anyway, though.

Tom