Endpoint Scan

Discussion in 'General' started by eddiefdz, Feb 1, 2010.

1. eddiefdz

Hello,

I setup my Elastix box and i have a brand new Polycom IP 430. I hooked up the phone to the network and i used the Endpoint Scan section to locate the phone and attach it to one of the configured users. The status on the phone in the Endpoint Configuration page shows up as "Configured without incident". I then rebooted the phone, but nothing happens. The phone does not seem to be configured. Am i doing somthing wrong? Do i have to do somthing on the phone itself in order for this to work?

Thanks!

2. mattrh

you need to tell the phone to point to your elastix server to get the config. go into the web interface. i believe the User: Polycom Password: 456. click on the sip tab. and put in you server address in Outbound Proxy & Server 1. (all you need to put in the is address). and then reboot the phone and it will grab the config from the tftp server. let me know if you have any trouble

3. dicko

I believe you will have to set the Polycom to use tftp provisioning and point that at the Elastix box.

4. eddiefdz

Great! That worked. I just had to point the phone via TFTP to the IP of the server.

Thanks!