Endpoint Manager

Discussion in 'General' started by jasong, Aug 20, 2009.

1. jasong

Does your phone need to be on the same network as the PBX in order to use Endpoint Manager? I have a Cisco 7940 and my PBX is on a slice hosted in a remote location. I can not get the module to find my phone for the life of me.

2. Megabyte

If it is in other subnet, i think you have a routing enviroment the module i think it works like a broadcast mac address maybe thats the reason.

3. rejil.rajan

As mentioned by Megabyte, it is a broadcast that is being send. The phones have to be in the same network to be detected by Endpoint manager. There is another post somewhere in the Elastix forum which gives a complete explanation on how the Endpoint manager works in Elastix

4. dicko

Hey guys, just to clarify:

The endpoint scan is not in any way a "broadcast" it is in fact initiated by a call to

nmap -sP -n <network>/<netmask>

in

/var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configuration/libs/paloSantoEndPoint.class.php

this call to nmap will quickly discover MAC addresses of active hosts in a reasonably sized network, if you choose too big a network the php script will time out!

however while the ARP will work on a local network it is unlikely to work correctly through most firewall/router configurations (but feel free to fix that).

JM2CWAE