endpoint manager won't set endpoints

FirebornX

I'm new to Elastix and I'm having trouble setting up my phones.
Before I switched over to Elastix I used trixbox and so I'm kinda used to setting these things up.

Anyway that said I'm trying to use the endpoint manager to setup my phones for use with the system. I run the scan and the utility finds my phones correctly. So I then select a phone type, input the extension number, check the set box and click the set button as I assume you're supposed to do.
However, the page then reloads and nothing happens. The phone status still reads 'not set' and the phone type and extension fields are on the default settings just as if you came into the form fresh.

when you used trixbox's endpoint manager it generated config files and stuck them in /tftpboot for provisioning... I don't know if this does the same thing, but right now it doesn't seem to be working at all.

Unsure if I need to create the files manually (hope not)

My phones are Polycom 501s

can someone help?

jgutierrez

FirebornX

I am using firefox and I did read that post, but it's not the problem that I'm having.
The endpoint manager doesn't even get to "configured without incident" as the OP of that post said his did.

It just does nothing.

I've been reading Elastix without tears, but following the instructions in there doesn't help if the endpoint manager doesn't do anything.

I'm honestly stumped...

vpeppers

Simple things first. Did you check the checkbox beside the extension you are trying to configure? I didn't do that at first, and when I checked it, everything ran fine.

FirebornX

Yes the checkbox next to the desired extension was checked.
I tried it with and without that box checked. Same result either way. Page reloads, nothing to show for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dineshr