Endpoint Manager and Grandstream Phones

mistysj

I'm trying to switch from Trixbox to Elastix. I really really like it for the most part. I was very excited to see that it included an endpoint manager as well, and it found my phones by scanning.

I check-marked one of my Grandstream GPX-2000 phones, assigned it an extension and a model, and clicked Set, and it said the device was configured without incident. I rebooted the phone, and yet it did not register.

I reset the phone to factory defaults, and did it again. Still the phone did not register.

After combing through these forums and Google, it turns out that I am probably missing a file to configure the phone. The location appears to be /var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configuration/libs/vendors but I have no idea how to modify one of the existing config files to work with Grandstream.

I really don't relish the idea of having to log into each phone and manually provision it, as much as I do like Elastix. I'm hoping there is a way around this problem.

witekprytek

I have the same problem :-(
I have fresh elastix installation and a lot of gxp2000 phones on the network.

I can detect all phones using endpoint manager and assign each phones to proper extension with: "configured without incident" message, but that is all. Phones stays unconfigured even rebooted.

Do somebody know how to fix it?
Do I need some additional configuration like DHCP special option to get "endpoint manager" works?

witekprytek

I have found some issue in the edndpoint manager.
GXP phones accept configuration files in dedicated grandstreame format.
Grandstream publishes special software to convert txt files with configuration templates to configuration files accepted by the phone. Linux version of this software is piece of soft written in java.

elastix store it in:
/tftpboot/GS_CFG_GEN/

endpoint manager use configuration template to build config txt file and then convert it into binary one.

..but my elastix 1.6 have no java so it was not possible to manager work well with gxp.

I did the following:
yum install java
yum install java-1.6.0-openjdk-devel.i386
yum install java-1.6.0-openjdk-src.i386

after this i have edited " GS_CFG_GEN/bin/encode.sh" to correct bin java path

now endpoint manager produce two files for gxp phone:
gxpxxxxxxxx.cfg -text template for phone configuration
cfgxxxxxxxx.cfg -grandstream format file where xxxxxx -is the phone mac address

Grandstream default config file name is: cfgxxxxxxxxx
so this ".cfg" is non standard one and could not be downloaded automatically by phone

To put file onto the phone we have to go to the phone webgui and change:
"Firmware Upgrade and
Provisioning:" to TFTP
Config Server Path: YOURELASTIX IP

and Config File Postfix: .cfg or go to elastic console and remove ".cfg" from our xxxxxxxx.cfg configuration file.

Now we can reboot the phone and config file will be upgraded and stored in the phone.

but......
config manager always change "P8= " value to "1" even changed previously to "0" -this value says phone to use dhcp or no. "1" means NO

so phone boots with right extension and proxy address, but with factory IP -192.168.0.1...:(

I don't know how to fix it or store in the config proper IP address.

If some developer could look at this and make some changes to get it work or explain how endpoint manager build template file for gxp (where they store default values for variables like P8=1) it could be great.

witekprytek

Really nobody knows how to fix it?

sompongk

witekprytek said:
but......
config manager always change "P8= " value to "1" even changed previously to "0" -this value says phone to use dhcp or no. "1" means NO

so phone boots with right extension and proxy address, but with factory IP -192.168.0.1...:(

I don't know how to fix it or store in the config proper IP address.

If some developer could look at this and make some changes to get it work or explain how endpoint manager build template file for gxp (where they store default values for variables like P8=1) it could be great.
you can edit master template stored in /var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configuration/libs/vendors.
about file extension (.cfg) you can change php script in paloSantoFileEndPoint.class.php

witekprytek

sompongk
thank you for your help.
I have made changes in:
/var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configuration/libs/paloSantoFileEndPoint.class.php

and

/var/www/html/modules/endpoint_configuration/libs/vendors/Grandstream.cfg.php

and everything work fine for me now.

rafael

It would be a good thing if you report this issues to the bug tracker so that it would be fix in future versions of Elastix
http://bugs.elastix.org

witekprytek

Hi rafael,
I did. Bug tracker ticket number: 0000210

danpetrucci

Re: Re:Endpoint Manager and Grandstream Phones

hi my friend..what modifications do you do? im working with Elastix 2.0 version and GXP1200 grandstream phone.

i made all modifications with java and PHP, when i use endponit configurator it makes two .cfg archives, but do not works. I need to assing an extention using the endponit and nothing else.. any idea?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti