Endpoint manager and Cisco

Discussion in 'General' started by tletourneau, Jul 22, 2008.

1. tletourneau

Hello,

Does the endpoint manager work with Cisco phones? It will not detect my 7960's and I can't seem to figure out hot to manually add them. I've changed the scan to the correct range (even hard coded it) with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm running the latest downloadable release.

Thanks,

Tom

PS - I did do a search but most of the results are in Spanish.

2. telecomtechnician

Hi

I have a CISCO 7905 working as a paper holder or paper weight, are you interested?

Do you have the sip image of this phone?
    If you do a search on the internet, you can find it and put it to work.
    By default, the CISCO phones do not come with a sip image, unless you expressly tell them to put it before you buy it (brand new phones).

Waiting for your comments

David Medina

3. tletourneau

I have the latest SIP image and am very familiar with how to setup SIPDefault.cnf and SIP<MAC>.cnf. What I can't understand is how an endpoint manager not only doesn't configure one of the most popular phones on the planet from one of the largest manufacturers in the world dut doesn't even detect them.

I was hoping to move away from TB but I need this to work so I guess I'll have to wait a while longer.

Tom

4. Bob

Bob

The Cisco phones can be a pain, which also includes the configuration files. And with that comes the price tag on the phones which while not overly expensive, is still higher than comparable phones.

It is interesting to note that even some Cisco based IP PBX systems, especially with a large number of phones are being implemented with Linksys SPA phones.

If you want to move across to Elastix, you can manually copy the files from your existing Trixbox install (e.g. as you are aware the TFTPBoot directory).

Regards

Bob