Endpoint Configurator?

Discussion in 'General' started by ken, Sep 30, 2010.

1. ken

ken

Okay, so I just got a VPS with Elastix installed. I'm trying to figure out how to use the endpoint manager. Does this thing only work with phones that are local to the Elastix server? Why can't you add information manually?

2. Awesomo

I have been asking myself the same question. I can't believe they haven't added the feature to add phones in manually.

Fire up the unembedded FreePBX and install the newest revision of the module linked below. I was able to add all the phones from a csv I typed up, and mirrored configuration changes to all the phones at the same time. It cut my time to setup 15 phones to 30 minutes from countless hours of doing it by hand. They were then handed out to employee's, they unpacked them, plugged them in, and were good to go.

http://projects.colsolgrp.net/projects/ ... ndpointman

3. robr

I just set up Elastix for the first time having come from Asterisk @home, Trixbox and PiaF background previously. Having never tried Elastix, and needing a current testbed to do some work with video phones, I installed Elastix in a VirtualBox VM and plugged a Polycom VVX1500 into the network. I figured I would give the endpoint configurator a go, rather than manually creating the config files, but it doesn't detect anything (nor allow me to manually add anything).

I just wanted to check here and make sure I wasn't missing something before going the manual route.

4. Lee Sharp

Are the phones and the server on the same subnet? VMs are often in a virtual subnet, and that will cause namp to scan the wrong place.

5. robr

same subnet. i just followed the advice of awesomeo above.