End Point Manager

Discussion in 'General' started by nothings_found, Nov 21, 2007.

1. nothings_found

So we all know. Well at least most of us know that editing configuration files by hand sucks. The question is does Elastix have any ideas in the development of an End Point Manager for your distro. Just like TrixBox does on their distro.

Remember End Point Manager is the key to finish making this an easy to use distribution.

Below you will find a link to the End Point Manager web interface RPM for trixbox.

http://yum.trixbox.org/centos/5/RPMS/re ... .27-1.html

Good Luck.

2. nothings_found

I ran the setup-grandstream script in there it installed some rpm and created the default configuration file for the Grandstream phone.

The web interface loads correctly but does not work due to not being able to access the phones database and see what devices are actually available.

:(

Its released under the GPL so you should be able to modify it. To work under Elastix.

:D

3. nothings_found

Hmm, So I'm guessing that by "zero" replies no one really cares about this "CRUCIAL" feature of the system?

4. techieg

Hello,

Its not that no one cares, its just that since you started the thread we would all expect the Elastix guys to respond as to what they are doing pertaining to the issue at hand.

Thanx.

5. nothings_found

Good Point. I am going to actually build an Elastix system that is going to replace a current trixBox system for a Mortgage company and a built in provisioning tool would have helped me tremendously.

Creating 50+ by hand is going to suck so bad!! :D

Oh well.

Thanks guys. BUT please figure something out soon.

6. techieg

Its really about integrating a TFTP server into Elastix with all the configuration phone files at its root and having a GUI to enter each phone's specific credentials (MAC, extension(s), username and password, etc) with which to create the required config files to be downloaded unto the phones with corresponding MAC addresses.

7. lek

lek Guest

A endpoint provisioner is being developed and will be included in the 1.0 version.

8. Eham

This is good news! We use configurator scripts for Linksys SPA series (for our Genband M6). It's good to keep things consistent and saves time. Although BEWARE that the configurator tool + script can become instantly obsolete if the manufacturer decides to change the programming method after a new firmware or software upgrade.