Enabling DND from One handset to apply to all

Discussion in 'General' started by stridecomms, Nov 14, 2010.

1. stridecomms

Hi,

New to the forum, today I installed my first Elastix system with 2 cisco 7912 handsets. The system works well however one of the functions I could not manage to setup was applying DND Voice mail to both phones at the same time using one of the handsets. Every time my customer goes to lunch they want to set the DND on one phone to apply on the whole system. I understand you can do this individually on each handsets however I am looking at an easier option...Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. andyshawn

I don't think there is no other easy way to get that accomplished.

You could probably explore the option of using "Time Conditions" or the IVR. Lunch time should be the same on all days, so instead of sending calls to the extension, send it to the IVR or straight to voicemail, based on the time you specified.

3. Bob

Bob

For this type of situation, the best method is using the day/night switch...Just because it is called a day/night switch, doesn't mean that you can't use it for other purposes.

You have 10 Day/Night switches to implement as you wish.

Set one up, so in day mode goes through to normal ring group or IVR (whatever you are using), and in night mode, direct it to the an existing voicemail box (or setup a new one)....or through to an announcement or anything you like e.g. external mobile.

So when you go to lunch you press

*280 (to put it into night mode)
    and when you come back
    *280 (to put it back into day mode).

with the codes above I am assuming that you use the first day/night switch.

Have implemented it hundreds of times, and you can chain them if you need.

Regards
    Bob

P.S. In case you haven't realised, the DAY/NIGHT Option goes into the Inbound Route Stream (it has nothing to do with the phones)... e.g.

Inbound Route
    ||
    ||
    ||
    Day/Night Switch ========>Voicemail / Announcment / Mobile etc...
    ||
    ||
    ||
    RingGroup/IVR/Queue

4. stridecomms

Thanks Bob, that worked great