Embedded or unembedded..

firstboy

Hi..

I have a questions regarding FreePBX. I am very new to Elastix. In unembedded freepbx, I can see that there are many modules waiting to be upgraded in the freepbx. Should I upgrade the Freepbx using the unembedded web interface or should I use "yum update" in root?

Will yum update upgrade all the components installed in Elastix?

Another thing is the updates tab in Elastix, have 3000+ packages installed and noninstalled. It would be good if there are some way to manage these. Thanks.

firstboy

Anybody can help?

Should I upgrade the Freepbx only through the unembedded freepbx interface? Or should I wait for the packages from Elastix? I don't want to break my Elastix. Thanks.

bulgarion

Yep, I totally agree, the "update" section is useless in the gui if it hasn't a way to automatically flag the upgradable packets. Said this, if you want to upgrade single FreePBX modules you can do without danger from the unembedded Module Admin section.
BE CAREFUL to NOT UPGRADE TO 2.4 VERSION - I did it and after that I had manually to reconfigure the sip.conf file (you can find more info on this forum)

firstboy

Thanks Bulgarion for the leg up.
Is it safe to upgrade Freepbx to 2.3.1.4?
It is the only one shown in my core module in unembedded.

I find it weird that the post in the forums have many views but not much reply. Either people are unwilling to share/assist or the forums is really dying..

The forum owners should do more to promote sharing and interaction to build camaderie and brand loyalty instead of just focusing on paid support. I won't be surprised if the goodwill grenerated in the forum spread over to generate more paid support. It is the little things that count.

sergiogm2000

:) It seems that the only way to upgrade FreePBX to the latest version is using the unembedded FreePBX, as far as I used the new 2.4 FreePBX it has no problems, I read that other users didn't have either, so probably is ok to upgrade, be very careful, there are some steps you have to follow, you MUST first upgrade the core only and NOT to apply the changes until you finished to upgrade the rest of the modules. There's a tool you have to use after you upgrade the core of FreePBX, after you upgrade the core and the Framework you'll have other modules available to install.
I hope this can help you, be aware that you could find some bugs doing this so I don't recomend it to put it in a production system until you're sure it works fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarmenichetti