Email Voicemail attachment

Discussion in 'General' started by angusmc, Mar 3, 2011.

1. angusmc

I have been using "Elastixs without tears" but I cannot get my voicemail emailed to me. I have checked the box and entered my email address. I telnet into the ip address at port 25 and it does not find it so it is a connectivity issue. But the box is conected to the network and is receiving calls from the PSTN via a digium card with FXO and FXS ports(I have not setup SIP devices yet). CAn anybody help me with this? I entered the Elastixs email tab and entered my email address in the remote SMTP tab, is that correct? Please any help appreciated. :blink:

2. Lee Sharp

Port 25 is commonly filtered to prevent spam. I am guessing that you and your mail server are not on the same network?

3. fmvillares

also as we have said many times email system in asterisk is completely fucked up since 1.5 times so u need to manualyy tune up master.cf and main.cf in postfix folder

4. angusmc

My Mail server is hosted externally on a domain I own. I used my logon credentials to try and send the email.

Could someone please explain how I edit the postfix files in Elastix? And which files to say what?

Thanks

5. angusmc

OK it works now!! Why I have no idea but I resubmitted all my details and it worked.

6. fmvillares

Re: Re:Email Voicemail attachment

thats one of the fucked up items...reload of postfix after a change!!!